Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a dripping faucet. Couple o-rings no big deal.

I go to shut the valves off under the sink and there all old and corroded and don't spin. sprayed with penetrating lube and the hot water shut off valve spins but doesn't shut off the water completely..... Something else to fix.

So I have to turn off the water to the house. That I can do. I was curious if I need to shut the valve on the water heater and or gas before shutting off the water????

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
All you need to do is shut off the main water valve. It will shut the whole house down. Fix the leaking valve and turn back on,check for leaks. If no leaks your done

·
Registered
650 Posts
So, I have a dripping faucet. Couple o-rings no big deal.

I go to shut the valves off under the sink and there all old and corroded and don't spin. sprayed with penetrating lube and the hot water shut off valve spins but doesn't shut off the water completely..... Something else to fix.

So I have to turn off the water to the house. That I can do. I was curious if I need to shut the valve on the water heater and or gas before shutting off the water????
It shouldn't take long to replace the valves, so I wouldn't worry about turning off the gas. You won't really drain the water heater.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
No sir. It will only empty if it is drained. Keeping the polite light lite will keep the water that's in it hot,like it does normally.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
it won't drain (i.e. your faucets won't work) without the municipal water pressure being turned on, it will just sit there full.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts