Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the ultimate no no and reversed the plugs. There wasn't any loud noises or smoke from anything but when I got in and turnef the key everything checked out but my radio didn't turn on. Anyone have any idea how to fix this. Or is my radio trash? I'm in the process of dropping my motor in so I can't check to make sure it didn't fry anything else.

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
I call bs....let me guess....you pulled out every single fuse and looked at em?? Do the proper test ...with a test light...testing both sides of the fuse key on engine off...I've been burnt myself by the "pull the fuse" test..
So IF you didn't blow the 60 amp or whatever it is. ..you more than likely burnt the back up fuse

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I did just pull them out. Ill check with a test light. And its also an aftermarket radio. I don't think the battery is ruined. When I turn the key everything lights up like it should. But I can't try to crank till this weekend so i guess I won't really know. How big of a possibility is it that I fried the starter?

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic Ex
361 Posts
Don't worry, you didn't fry the starter. Pull the radio out and test for power at the harness. If you have power to the radio but it doesn't turn on and there is no blown fuse on the back of the radio congrats, you just smoked the radio. If there isn't power to the radio you'll need a wiring diagram to fault trace the circuit, or look for the burnt wire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts