Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
for a stock sohc non vtec i would go with some plain jane wires. you could spend the ~$70 on ngk's if you have it burning in your pocket, but you wont notice much of anything.

·
Registered
1999 EJ8
1,188 Posts
I dislike MSD wires because I always had a problem with them staying down on the spark plug. I like how OEM & NGK both "pop" into place, and stay put on the valve cover.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
honda wires aren't exact plain jane. the cheapest set at schucks goes for $33. You can get ngk's for about $30 plus shipping.

Stay away from autolite!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
i have a set of ngk's for non vtec $20 shipped. only about a year old and in great shape. theres useless to me cause i threw a Z6 head onto my A6. ill throw in set of NGK plugs for an extra $10. check out my for sale thread for more stuff.

only time these plug wires ever came off on me is when i had a bad o ring for that plug hole on the valve cover. and the preasure from the crank would blow it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
In circles.LOL
862 Posts
dude....NGK....FTW...I have had my set of NGK's for 2 years.I have probably pulled them off the plugs at least 100 times in my race car.They are very well constructed.Definatly worth the price.
The 10 mm visions are a waste of money from what i gathered from searching before i bought my NGK's.For 20 bucks more you get the quality over looks.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Yeah my car lost a cylinder so I pulled over and pulled the plug wires to see if they were the problem... When I pulled #1 off the dizzy that metal contact stayed in the dizzy and the rest of the wire came off. Put em back on, left 1 disconnected, disconnected the fuel injector for 1 and drove it home sounding like a subaru.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts