Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello first off i want to thank the d series community for just existing saved me a lot of time and effort on what I've been chasing in this car long story shorty traded my blazer for a 95 civic ex with a d16y8 swap out of a 00ex engine was rebuild only about 20k on the engine so im told was giving it some gas on the way home from work the other night and when i went to start it later to move into garage start getting all boggy and stututing so i have narrowed it down to either a injector or cylinder one so i change the spark plug wires around and cylinder 2 sounded dead so my problem is looking anything up for is car is having my mind twisted the car is obd1 with a unchipped p28 d16y8 head and bottom end and d16z6 throttle body . What plug wires and spark plugs are best information on the build
D16Y8 motor and trans year 2000
new pistons,
crank and rod bearings,
decked the block and head,
valves were vacuum tested,
shim oil pump.
bought a rebuild kit
from rockauto
that was all oversized
for the new bore
Packing materials Food Shipping box Chemical compound Wood
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Vehicle Gas
Automotive design Automotive engine gasket Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Gas

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,413 Posts
NGK spark plug wires, and NGK spark plugs. G power or V power will be fine on the plugs. Stuttering could also be the distributor trying to give up on you. Try plugs and wires first though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NGK spark plug wires, and NGK spark plugs. G power or V power will be fine on the plugs. Stuttering could also be the distributor trying to give up on you. Try plugs and wires first though.
Thanks i was thinking the same thing. do you happen to know what ngk plugs exactly ?

I am confident that your build will be happy with the spark plugs that are recommended all over the forum.
yes ngk ngk ngk but what i was wondering in the number of the part exactly sorry for not clearifying everytime i look it up says wont fit my car

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Simple, cheap, and guaranteed to last. NGK V-Power copper plugs in the stock heatrange 5, and NGK blue wires.

For 40-50 bucks those are the parts that have proven themselves for decades to work perfectly.

You always want to stick to OEM for ignition components, or as close to OEM style as possible.

Some folks dislike copper plugs since they have a lower lifespan. They dont seem to realize changing $8 worth of spark plugs every few years is NOT a bad thing.

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Simple, cheap, and guaranteed to last. NGK V-Power copper plugs in the stock heatrange 5, and NGK blue wires.

For 40-50 bucks those are the parts that have proven themselves for decades to work perfectly.

You always want to stick to OEM for ignition components, or as close to OEM style as possible.

Some folks dislike copper plugs since they have a lower lifespan. They dont seem to realize changing $8 worth of spark plugs every few years is NOT a bad thing.
and again im asking partnumbers please

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
If you cannot find part numbers, I cannot help you. Part of being a mechanic is being able to figuer stuff out.

NGK has a website that shows what parts fit what vehicles. Breaks it down to OE style or aftermarket style.

OE style >> year, make model >> NGK part numbers given.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,794 Posts
they will be long and dangly
:ROFLMAO: It's how I know I'm getting older by the day

and again im asking partnumbers please
Since the engine is a Y8, go to literally any parts store website, set up a vehicle, enter any combination of 96-00 Civic EX, search for spark plug or spark plug wires/ignition cables, and filter the results to only show NGK.

Pick literally anything that shows up, add to cart, checkout, and done.

There will also be tons and tons of part numbers to look at by doing this, to satisfy the apparent part number hard on.

Trippin me out slo, I knew i wasnt clever enough to put two things in the same message... being all efficient and removing redundancies all in the name of Batman himself before I could even blink an eye :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts