Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Bought this new from a guy on clubrsx a about 3 years ago, just getting around to installing. The LC-1 instructions say it'll have 7 bare wires but it already has a plug attached to said 7 wires with a LED and push button installed.

Any idea about this plug? The LC-1 was purchased from moates in late 2006

Just wanna make sure I'm ok to cut it off to install in my car

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gents. Figured it was but didn't know if there was some kind of common plug to allow you to easily disconnect the wideband

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Well, it looks like a pretty standard Molex connector, so if you wanted to make it plug and play you would just need the correct mating connector.

They aren't the best if you will be repeatedly connecting and disconnecting them though.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

So I'm going to run the power from the accessory spade terminal on the fuse box and the main grounds from the dash ground wire.

Any thoughts on where to run the blue isolated ground wire to? I would prefer not to tap into any harness wires but I'm not aware of any other ground bolts under the dash.

I could have sworn there was a wideband installation post but I've searched up and down here and on crxcommunity and can't find it. I was thinking about running it to the thermostat ground but wanted to keep the wiring under the dash if possible

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Edit: Thanks, got it.

Read the quick start guide last night, the full directions are much better ;)

" The BEST grounding scheme is all grounds(i.e., ECU, Gauges, LC1 heater, LC1system, etc.) SOLDERED into a single lug and bolted to the engine block. "

1 - 8 of 8 Posts