Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a small question presently i am running a stock sohc vtec zc motor on 10lbs a small t3/t4 my plugs gap are about 28 i just install water/alchol injection kit i know with that small turbo a lot of heat will be created ;;;;;;;;;;;so the question is now that i am going to use the water injection what plug gap should i use or just remain at 28??????????i was thinking bout a small gap like 22 but subject to correction

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
& I really don't know if I would use water injection on a stock D with a t3....
imo[/QUOTE]

explain

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
because water injection cools the engine down...
I agree my engine stays hot alot...(when in boost)

& its always safer to have water injection on any engine...acts just like low-compression pistons...
but lets face the real facts..
its still a stock d

you won't be hitting any dramatic 15+ psi on the engine just driving around everyday or even at the track running it 2 or 3 in a row...
(water injection won';t be needed...

it can also be very dangerous to your engine...
I wouldn't wanna really fool with how much water you wanna throw in your engine + how much fuel you plan on throwing in...

just for a stock D?

maybe if you was running crazy numbers & the engine could really get hot....
when a cooling fan wouldn't even help...
then water injection would do wonders..

but again..
if you had easy access & knew exactly what you were doing...
I would install it & be better off without it..

but not much worth the hassel/money/time if you don't really need it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thinking of adding more timing and few lbs of boost just around 12lbs the max to play around with (yea i know its a stock engine)that y i add the kit but i understand what u are saying also i install it far from the t/b to be exact i place it on the hot side of the intercooler just trying a thing really hope all goes well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts