Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having ALOT of trouble with my oil drain line. Most of my problem is that my ccfab miniram manifold make thes turbo hang so low, And my oil pan is already tapped an i am having trouble running a line from the turbo to the pan that will allow gravity to take its action and drain it properly.

so, could you please post pics of your drain line connected.

thanks

·
Registered
835 Posts
I am having ALOT of trouble with my oil drain line. Most of my problem is that my ccfab miniram manifold make thes turbo hang so low, And my oil pan is already tapped an i am having trouble running a line from the turbo to the pan that will allow gravity to take its action and drain it properly.

so, could you please post pics of your drain line connected.

thanks
im having the same problem as well, but im using the hf mani... hellaz low... the back of my car is black because of it too...

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, looking around i think i can solve my problem pretty easily. The adapter flange that bolts to my turbo has a male fitting on it, and points straight down, which in return a female fitting that is about 1.5" connects to that and also points straight down. so its pretty long and this goes past the point of where my pan is tapped, and sense gravity doesnt work upwrds, it wont work.

so im going to purchase this item:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BILLET-Oil-Drain-Return-Flange-Kit-Turbo-T3-T4-Hybrid_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ007QQitemZ170101385153QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

and this item:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-220054&N=700+4294924496+4294839052+400304+115&autoview=sku

and it will immediately point 45 degrees toward the pan and allow alot more room for play and installation.

·
Registered
822 Posts
You should be able to get a 45 or 90 degree fitting that will work from HD or a plumbing supply store.
Bingo. Use a 45 degree on the oil pan... should work.

same subject different question: where to find tubing that will work for an oil drain line?
Just use fuel hose and clamp it on tightly.

·
Banned
752 Posts
I would post up a pic of our setup except I don't want to deal with the laughter involved with the jb weld and leaks. :p

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
custom ramhorn manifold/td04l-13t turbo

oil drain mockup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts