Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guis from this day i always found good help from you.today i will need to know something.
i brought a t3/t4 hyb turbo kit for my d15b7.but the thing is i hade brought p29 pistons before to look for hi compression.than you guys told me it wouldnt give me that much.mi point is wich would be better for me to leave the original std pistons or put the p29.
set up is
d16a cam
d16y cam gear
xtd clutch
si tranny
mild ported head
acl bearings
thanks for your help again

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts
It's not so much the boost you need to watch for as it is the hp numbers you are making since different sized turbos will make different power levels at the same level of boost. Since a D15B7 has notoriously weak rods, I would keep the max power around 160-180. As for the pistons, just keep the stock units. P29's are great for all motor due to the high compression ratio but high compression ratios and boost don't get along to well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
guys you are the best.i cant explain how much you guys help me.thanks again for everything.going to get some rods.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
d15b7 aftermarket rods are expensive, good luck.

Where are you from ??

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts
guys you are the best.i cant explain how much you guys help me.thanks again for everything.going to get some rods.
Just a little hint for you. The only rods you'll find for a D15 are made by Crower and cost 800ish for the set. You'll save some coin by finding a 1.6 block and building it since the rods are much cheaper.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
^x2

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
danm.ok than i thank ill wait to get everything set up before i go stupid on the track this summer
((st eustache or napierville)) let the fun begin

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks again guys for the good advice's since around here they like b series and i want to proove them what a d serie can do.

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts
thanks again guys for the good advice's since around here they like b series and i want to proove them what a d serie can do.
Haha, I know the feeling. The owner of the local tuning shop made the comment that if you want to make power w/ a Honda swap a B in. As a result of that, I'm doing a fully built D16A6 in my EG8 and shooting for 400+ whp. Once it's done I'm going to throw some cash on a race against his boosted B18 sedan and proceed to rape that bitch. :twisted:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
man i woul like to be there iff you could trow some videos of that i would be to happy to make fun off them.mi freind from boston drives a d16y8 and i hade him 4 times at 1 1/8 at st eustache. and he whants to swap for a b serie.i told i would woupp his ass with mi turbo set up.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Haha, I know the feeling. The owner of the local tuning shop made the comment that if you want to make power w/ a Honda swap a B in. As a result of that, I'm doing a fully built D16A6 in my EG8 and shooting for 400+ whp. Once it's done I'm going to throw some cash on a race against his boosted B18 sedan and proceed to rape that bitch. :twisted:
Tapp Dat AZZ!!! rofl.:thehump:

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
you can get rods from FJT for the D15B7

1 - 20 of 21 Posts