Honda D Series Forum banner

Please help with code 1, already replaced o2

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  slimshady_2469 
#1 ·
like the title says i already replaced it with a brand new o2 sensor, ive cleared the ecu, but it comes on intermitently and then will break up and chug real bad under 3k. it is basically a d15a6 and it had no issues like this for the 10 months or so since i replaced the o2, but it was d15b2. now after mpfi and a6 cam i have o2 code with a new sensor. please help!

#5 ·
Perhaps the o2 sensor you have is bad. Try another one and rule that possibility out.

#12 ·
Try a known good MAP sensor I had this same problem in the past on an OBD0 D16A6 in an SI hatch. Code 1, I kept throwing new O2 sensors at the car NAPA ECHLIN brand and they kept going bad, only to find out that it was the MAP sensor. I tried it on a hunch from another car and it cured the problem. Swapped MAP sensor out and no problems after that. In fact funny thing is I swapped my old original Honda NTK O2 sensor back in after I swapped in a new Honda MAP sensor, $250 or so(damn I wish I knew about Honda forums and where to get parts for cheap then) took back the Echlin brand 02 sensors for refund on third try, it did keep cracking the elements, think the MAP sensor being out of spec did them in.

#14 ·
replace PCV and see what happens, my last civic was doing the same thing, ran like ass around 3K and then it would rev out just fine, and then I fucked an altenator and had almost the exact same issue just more noise lol. Both times I was throwing the O2 code.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.