Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a 95 civic coupe and the speedo went south on me. I opened up the dash and a resistor fell out of the cluster. I had seen on YouTube someone retrofit a 03 cluster into a 97 civic I believe.. I cannot find an accurate list for the pin outs of the new cluster.. If anyone has this info I would be extremely grateful.. Thanks in advance :)

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,098 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replaced vss first still no change on speedo.. Had this one kinda fall into my lap.. Couldn't locate stock cluster locally and most inexpensive I found online was like $120.... Had done Google search and found a link but some wires were missing... Thanks for your link.. :)

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
check ebay.

92-95 clusters without tach are super cheap

clusters with a tach will be a little more spendy, but generally under the $80 mark shipped. sometimes as low as 30 shipped

·
4,098 Posts
vss has a fuse? 0_o

if you want an auto cluster, I have one collecting dust. 20+ shipping and its yours, just pm me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Huh?? Vss fuse? I think it may be a bit late for you... Said I changed vss first... Lol
And as far as the auto cluster goes... If I can't get this one to work I'll let you know... I paid $20 for it.. Lol just gotta play with wires... With battery disconnected of course.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
dunno why you would want to mess with wiring when there is a straight drop in opportunity.

I hate messing with wiring.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Because I got this one for $20 and its pretty.. Lol
At the time the best priced cluster with a tach I found was like $145
I do agree for the most part that if you don't need to play with wires ... Don't .. But I just couldn't pass this up..
Also I really like the way this one lights up.

·
4,098 Posts
lol, for 20$ you could have got my auto cluster, and I would've thrown in a tach I took out of another 92-95 from the local junkyard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts