Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wacko:Hi all,
I am new to honda's and forums so this might be a challenge!
So the story so far is.....
Fitted d15z6 IM to D14a4 engine.
Ran a few times without all hoses attached, (ran rough as expected)
Maybe about half hour after this, i tried to start it again.
This time all it will do is turn over, and will not fire.
Any Ideas?!?!?!?

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
why would you run something without hooking up all the hoses? did you ever connect them all?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and no, not in a good way.

you would not suprise me at all if you cracked the head or cracked a sleeve.. or any other kind of destroyed beyond repair leftovers from driving around with out the coolent system fully hooked up.
can this still happen if i wasnt driving around? (it was still, with no revs.) and also i had my hand on the engine as i was doing this and i think it wasnt running long enough to heat up, :thinking:

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
can this still happen if i wasnt driving around? (it was still, with no revs.) and also i had my hand on the engine as i was doing this and i think it wasnt running long enough to heat up, :thinking:
you never know. one of my buddies did this but mixed up his coolant lines and he just about killed the motor. took the spark plugs out and tried to crank it...... out came LOTS of coolant and oil.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the error numbers

"3 = map sensor

4 = an issue with the crank position sensor

20 = low voltage on the eld circuit."
I am unsure where the crank position sensor is or what could be wrong with it.
Any ideas??

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey nice to see someone else with a D14A4. I cant really help you with your prob as I havent done an IM swap yet on mine, gonna put a Y8 manifold on it instead though. Good luck fixing the problem : )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts