Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I need help finding the wheels that I want. This is NOT a thread about asking you what kind of wheels I should get. I know what I want; I just can't find it.
I am NOT looking for a super light racing wheel.
I am NOT into the hellaflush nonsense.

The wheels are for a 93 Del Sol. I am looking for something to help its "masculinity". The wheels I want are a 5 spoke design with a lip. I like the look of 16's on the Del Sol, but when you have a lip, it makes the wheel look somewhat smaller than it actually is, so 17's would work too.

You may have to click on the pictures to make them larger. I still can't hot link images because of my post count. Sorry.

I like this style. Ro_Ja r2-5. Nice clean sharp edges on the spokes. Spokes are not narrow. I even like the look of the rivets. However, I don't believe they make the RoJa in the size I want, or maybe not even at all anymore. And they are super expensive.

94595d1164423905-rays-engineering-ro_ja-18-staggered-gram57fpro.jpg

I have found this set that looks similar. But the black line in the center and the polished lip are a bit blingy and smell of rice to me.

ddrst10bp10h_3.jpg

I like the flatter spokes. Rounded edges kinda put me off. I would also like for the face of the spokes to be set in from the face of the wheel. Here is an example of what I am NOT looking for. The spokes are even with the face of the wheel, and I don't like it.

fuzion_gm10h_2.jpg

I have been looking around the internet for days. I can find examples of wheels like the last one pictured everywhere, but the spokes not being set in from the face is a deal breaker for me.

If you guys have your favorite websites to look at wheels, by all means, share away, and I would be happy to scour the sites.

Super expensive is out of the question. Also, I would never in my life pay $2-4k for wheels when my XXR's on my Infiniti have been perfect for years.

Thanks for any help!

Kev

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All Konig wheels that are similar to the style I am describing look exactly like the last picture in my original post. Very curvy spokes flush with the face of the wheel.

"forgeline cfc3 4x100" ---no results found on google
Google images of these wheels show 5 lugs on new corvettes. $$$

The advan GT looks pretty good, but I can't find a size smaller than 18x8 on their website and they are pricey.

Your ebay links all point to the same style of wheel with short and chubby spokes. Reminds me of old draglite wheels...hideous.

I do appreciate the effort though! I have see all those except for the advan GT

Sites I have visited:

Google...never ending, no way have I looked at it all

nlmotoring.com

wheelmax

discounttiredirect

wheelfire

ebay (of course), but it's kind of like looking on google...vast and unending

konig

tirerack

I'm sure there are others, but those are the major ones. Like I said, been surfing for days on this.

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Hey man, your going to have to look at a set you like on someone car..

figure what wheels they are and go from there..

Your image in your head does nothing for us to help you out.

Theres wheel sites everywhere. most of them suck as shipping costs kill the deal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey man, your going to have to look at a set you like on someone car..

figure what wheels they are and go from there..

Your image in your head does nothing for us to help you out.

Theres wheel sites everywhere. most of them suck as shipping costs kill the deal.
It's not in my head. I fired up my old xbox 360 and popped in Forza 4. It has a del sol you can customize to your heart's desire. I tried various styles of rims with various colors. I can get a picture of it and load it up here when I get home this afternoon. I linked the ro_ja wheels that I would like to have but can't because of unavailability and price. Look at those ro-ja's. That's what's in my head.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you want super expensive wheels for a cheap price.. got it.
No. I want that look. Flat 5 spoke with lip. If I wanted the Ro_Ja's, the title of the post would be "help me find these ro_ja's". This is not difficult to understand.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
So you want super expensive wheels for a cheap price.. got it.
I mean, I want that too. Who doesn't? Just we've come to the realization that you get what you pay for.

OP, how much are you willing to spend? What is your absolute top dollar? Care about wheel weight or just looks?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I mean, I want that too. Who doesn't? Just we've come to the realization that you get what you pay for.

OP, how much are you willing to spend? What is your absolute top dollar? Care about wheel weight or just looks?
I care about the looks. I don't mind if the wheel is a bit heavier if it fits the style that I am looking for. I have no plans to race this car in any way.

I don't really have a dollar amount in mind, but if I can't find a wheel for less than $1000 for the set, I will keep looking. I would never look for a $1000 set of wheels, they would have to be the perfect fit for what I want to spend that money.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
^^^

Yea no shit.. Which is why i rock BBS knock offs. who the hell can afford 3500 on wheels. Id rather put that towards my principle balance.

EDIT: Kev check out Aspec wheels on ebay.. they have a shit ton.. Those RoJa are old skool if I remember right.. circa 2004.. So not too may people will still have old styles like that. People sell the newest style and whats going to move inventory.

http://stores.ebay.com/aspecwheels

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^

Yea no shit.. Which is why i rock BBS knock offs. who the hell can afford 3500 on wheels. Id rather put that towards my principle balance.

EDIT: Kev check out Aspec wheels on ebay.. they have a shit ton.. Those RoJa are old skool if I remember right.. circa 2004.. So not too may people will still have old styles like that. People sell the newest style and whats going to move inventory.

Sweet, man. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
I paid 1300 for the wheels in my sig. Weds Sport SA-55M. 19x9.5 and 19x10.5. Japanese made quality and very lightweight. Quality doesn't have to come at a huge cost. Honda-sized Weds Sports would easily come in under a grand.

You can also get some real quality wheels used, the Work wheels I have on my Aristo I got for about 600USD. Just scour forums and classifieds for deals.

IMO there's no reason to get crap wheels, since you can get "real" wheels for not much more if at all, especially if you're willing to buy used.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I paid 1300 for the wheels in my sig. Weds Sport SA-55M. 19x9.5 and 19x10.5. Japanese made quality and very lightweight. Quality doesn't have to come at a huge cost. Honda-sized Weds Sports would easily come in under a grand.

You can also get some real quality wheels used, the Work wheels I have on my Aristo I got for about 600USD. Just scour forums and classifieds for deals.

IMO there's no reason to get crap wheels, since you can get "real" wheels for not much more if at all, especially if you're willing to buy used.
I am on craigslist every day. Going out 300 miles still doesn't get me good results. I found some crappy 90's era stuff, but when I get into the craigslist for Dallas and surrounding areas, it's all 22" Dubs and that crazy stuff.

I have plenty of time to get the wheels. It's not an emergency or anything. I am just making a plan right now. The engine is in the shop getting sleeved. Next, I will get into the paint, and I plan on ordering the wheels during painting.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
If you've got time, stash the money away now and keep looking for deals. Then when you find one you can jump on it.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
ICB motorsports has real japanese wheels also.. they always have new inventory

^^^ YEA true Sentry.. When you dont have the cash is when the deals come in from all over.. When you have the cash, cant find shit!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
These are pretty sweet. Looks like $1400 and ordering from Australia though....ugh. Not gonna happen, but it let's you see a similar wheel that is the style I am looking for. Chances are the wheels in the picture are the deeper rear wheel drive version, and the front wheel drive version would have to have the spokes almost flush with the exterior of the wheel. Too bad.

Lenso D1R, by the way.
1006169501_rq1pmr2cjb.jpg

1 - 20 of 38 Posts