Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I think I have a vacuum leak somewhere. And I believe I have narrowed it down. Can someone please pop thier hood and talk a look at thier evap selenoid. It looks like this and is located on the back of the intake manifold...

WITH THE CAR RUNNING. Pull off the round black top. It should slide right off. It will then look like this.

Put your finger over the top of that black stem. Where you just pulled the round thing off. Do you feel any kind suction????? I do and I think this is where i'm getting my vacuum leak causing my high idle. I can plug the hole with my finger and my idle will go down. Let me know if you guys feel any kind of suction at idle?? I think my evap is broken.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone can help it would be much appreciated!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man! I really appreciate it.Let me know what happens when you pop your hood...

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump, everyone's got this on thier car and nobody can't help me?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
The evap solenoid opens once the engine reaches operating temp. Sounds like your cap is broken.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shifty35 said:
The evap solenoid opens once the engine reaches operating temp. Sounds like your cap is broken.
If it opens when it reaches operating temp. then mine would working. Or mine could be broken and be staying open all the time???

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
X292J said:
ill help u out! i have to check my shizel tomoorow so ill check that out 2 for ya
Let me know what you find. Maybe you can try feeling for suction on cold start-up and when it's also running warm? I just don't want to spend money and replace something that's not broken...

·
Registered
Del sol
1,453 Posts
well i checked and mine had no vacume, even when i reved, nor did it blow air this was when the car was @ operating temp. havent tried cold yet
i used the spit bubble technique btw

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
X292J said:
well i checked and mine had no vacume, even when i reved, nor did it blow air this was when the car was @ operating temp. havent tried cold yet
i used the spit bubble technique btw
Thanks man. I guess this confims that I need a new one. Could be why I failed emissions... Thanks again! :smile:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I managed to pass emissions without the evap solenoid... my JDM ecu has no funstion for the solenoid, and has no barometric pressure sensor =) Maybe thats why I barely passed under the line for CA smog.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts