Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wouldn't even ask this if it just straight would not light up, but this is the situation.....I have finished the MPFI swap in my car, and wiried in the pm6 ecu. The last three days I have tried to fire it up, I have gotten the red led in the ecu to blink out codes such as code 10, and the engine would rotate but not start. So I checked continuity etc... I also reconnected the dizzy (it was lose so i tightened it up to the head better) and also the IAT sensor (code 10) was not connected I connected it today. Now I goto start the car, only changes are dizzy is on nice and tight (so it wont slip at all (it was jumping a little before)) and the IAT sensor is now plugged in. Well the car still wont start, but it does turn over same as before. HOWEVER.....the red led no longer blinks AT ALL!!! It only blinks breifly when i brush the key past the start of electrical power (thus indicating its is recieving electricity) but besides that nothing. Now the question is was my ECU also broken or did it just break, or is there some other strange possibility. I havent tried it with the IAT sensor back off....

-Juan

·
Registered
251 Posts
did you try switching the white wires on the dizzy? this will keep it from starting. also check that your getting fuel and spark. which dizzy are you using? and what ecu/obd?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
using the pm6 ecu from a crx si (manual) everything is obd0. The dizzy is stamped td-02u (correct for mpfi d16a6) the two white wires....that could be it, i could have depinned and repinned them oppositie to each other. Thanks

Will try it anyone else? Like i said it tests okay for continuity. (haven't been able to test for spark yet will do with white wire switch(obviously one at a time))

Thanks again

-Juan

·
Registered
251 Posts
also

i also had an issue with a "cold soldered" wire when i did mine. the blip of the code light on the ecu is normal when you turn on the switch.
good luck...
jeff

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay switched the white wires and no change, also checked for spark and no spark (before and after white wire swap). I then removed the dizzy and started checking it out with the multi meter( btw I checked continuity and resistance from the ecu pin c1 and c2 to the dizzy they had continuity and about .8 ohms resistance is this okay?) anyways I check the coil on the dizzy the + and neg terminals and they have continutiy with about 1.5 ohms of resistance, but then i go to check the high voltage side of the coil with the ground of the coil and there is no continuity does this indicate a defective coil?

please let me know if you guys have any tips and or ideas, also I unscrewed spark plug #1 after i cranked it, and I smell a faint wif of gas so I figure the injectors are working at least......

Please help

-Juan

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump.... I tested the 2 wire plug to the dizzy inside the dizzy its okay with continuity but on the car harness side, i do not get continuity??? The wiring diagram states this is the ignitor? but those wires I never messed with on the ECU side of the harness.... any ideas? I am not getting spark, and the signal wires test okay for continuity. I didn't use the si plug becuase I did not have it instead i used the 6 wire dpfi plug, and depinned the d16a6 si dizzy and reused the dpfi plug. then I mad seperate connections for C1 and C2 to the appropriate plugs on the dizzy...Could this be the problem?

Please help if you have any ideas...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts