Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im tryin to put aftermarket door lock actuators in my civic, i have the actuators and the relay. i have a dei 451m relay and 2 wire actuators...how do i wire them with the alarm (viper 350hv) if u have a wiring diagram that would be great

·
Registered
138 Posts
On your alarm you should have a spot to plug in the little plug w/ the green, blue, and red wire. After that there is a thick blue, thick green, thick white, thick brown, and thick purple wires. You do not need the white or brown wires you can either cut them and tape them off or just leave them, but still tape them off. You need to hook up the thick purple wire to +12 volt, and then if you have dei door locks you just color match, blue for blue, and green for green. If you find these instructions confusing pm me i will try to help you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On your alarm you should have a spot to plug in the little plug w/ the green, blue, and red wire. After that there is a thick blue, thick green, thick white, thick brown, and thick purple wires. You do not need the white or brown wires you can either cut them and tape them off or just leave them, but still tape them off. You need to hook up the thick purple wire to +12 volt, and then if you have dei door locks you just color match, blue for blue, and green for green. If you find these instructions confusing pm me i will try to help you.
i tried that and it didnt work????

·
Registered
138 Posts
12 volt will be helpful, but i think that you have a bad 451m. You can the 451m by hooking it all up aside from the thick blue and green wires, and then take a meter and put one probe on the blue wire and the other probe to ground and activate the unlock on you remote, it should test +12 volts. If this tests then you can do the same with the green wire except with lock now. If that works your 451m is good. If this does not work, then i would make sure the purple wire has +12 volts. If that has +12 volts you need to check the power and the outputs coming from the unit. You can test the little red wire put a probe in it and the other one to ground and you should have +12 volts. If that has voltage to it then you need to check the little blue and green wires. You can do this by taking a probe and putting it in the little blue wire and the other probe to +12 volts. Then activate it by pressing the unlock button. Do the same thing with the little green wire and use the green wire. If the unit tests good for all three wires then you have a bad 451m and if it doesnt test then the unit is bad. Hopefully this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts