Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my problem is that i wanted to swap my intake on my 92 hatch (dx) it has the jdm d15b and i put a y8 manifold on it,now the car has a very weird idle and when i go to drive away it just stalls.i dont know what yo do with the white sencor that was in the back of the old mani,could that be the problem?also the line that runs into the very top of the old throttle body isnt there anymore do i just plug that?pics would help if anyone has done this.thanks guys.

·
Registered
97 Posts
yes that could be a lil problem, but it will not stop it from running that is the iat sensor i belive. And what's the idle like? did you hook your map sensor back up? And as for the lil tube were a vac line goe's if you have your map sensor hooked up just plug it, Cause that will also cause a eratic idle. But sorry i do not know what to do with the iat sensor, But i belive there shod be somewhere on the mani to put it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
sounds like you might have a leak.Try spraying some ether around the manifold if your revs increase you are sucking wind,and rechek the seal

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
your Y8 manifold, is it off a 96-98 or a 99-00?

the 99-00 have air injection which needs to be plugged up.

·
Banned
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
are those holes visible from the outside?i dont know what year it came off of.if they are not plugged will it cause this very high idle?

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
are those holes visible from the outside?i dont know what year it came off of.if they are not plugged will it cause this very high idle?
see the port on the top of the flange? does yours have that?

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
ok that's gonna have to be plugged, along with 4 tiny holes at the top of each port on the flange. you see them? jb weld can be used to fill them.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
so just plugging the big one on the flange will not work huh?
nope, you have to plug those tiny little holes on top of each port. i used the jb weld to fill them in. havent had a problem since.

·
Banned
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so that is pretty much 100% of my problem..........thanks dude.now about the sensor that wasx in the back side of the z6 mani what do i do with that?it is a white sensor with a long cone shaped thing that goes into the mani.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts