Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. I have lurked on here for a long while and have pieced together a build for myself... My first ever.
Long story short, I'm making a drag/street car with a beasty motor in it but first want to make sure the shell I bought is good...
That being said, I bought an si tranny and a6 engine to throw in there.

So.... Here is what I have.....

And also axles and flywheel and clutch bolts...

So... Now I'm just at a loss as to what is the next step. So please help me get this thing done.
I just want to know what things I should check before install and what steps I need to take to get this thing in there.
If this question is TOO newb-like. I would be happy to simply take a link to a write up or something that I should have read before posting this.

Also... This came out as I was setting down the tranny. What is it?

Please don't harass me. I'm just a d-series fan trying to get his start in the honda world. :bigok:

edit:
additional info: the Tranny came out of a running "ef" which was my brothers
The engine came from mike93. So both should work..

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts

·
Registered
^^^^^^
416 Posts
Be sure to get the flywheel resurfaced and get a pilot bearing for it too. Are you going to rebuild the a6?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
easy as pie son!
How do you do it?

Be sure to get the flywheel resurfaced and get a pilot bearing for it too. Are you going to rebuild the a6?
Its already resurfaced but its been sitting awhile. I could do it again (free, i work at oreilly) I'll get a pilot bearing. Whats that bearing in the housing of the tranny called? should i get a new one of those too?
The a6 is not rebuilt.
For the record, I do plan on rebuilding it and putting it in my daily eventually. :)

·
Registered
^^^^^^
416 Posts
The bearing you're referring to sounds like the throwout bearing. It might be ok to reuse, but who knows. I'd replace it since they're pretty cheap, and it's normally standard to replace everytime a new clutch is put in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
old thread is old.. but ill answer the question..

the clutch wont really be bolting up to the trans, but rather the motor.

there should be 6 10point bolts, around 12-14mm IIRC that hold the flywheel to the side of the motor..

after that, stick the clutch down on the flywheel, and place the pressure plate on top of it..

then take the clutch alignment tool and stick it through the hole on the pressure plate, aligning the splines up, then tighten the (i believe 6) 10 point bolts (10-12mm IIRC) to torque specs around the outside of the pressure plate..

then pull the alignment tool out, and you should be good to go...

its been a couple years since i have last done this, feel free to correct me if im wrong on anything...

Hope this helps!

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
old thread is old.. but ill answer the question..

the clutch wont really be bolting up to the trans, but rather the motor.

there should be 6 10point bolts, around 12-14mm IIRC that hold the flywheel to the side of the motor..

after that, stick the clutch down on the flywheel, and place the pressure plate on top of it..

then take the clutch alignment tool and stick it through the hole on the pressure plate, aligning the splines up, then tighten the (i believe 6) 10 point bolts (10-12mm IIRC) to torque specs around the outside of the pressure plate..

then pull the alignment tool out, and you should be good to go...

its been a couple years since i have last done this, feel free to correct me if im wrong on anything...

Hope this helps!
Its been half a year, im pretty sure he got his clutch on to his tranny by now.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Better than leaving a question unanswered, some noob may be searching how to do it and now, he will have his answer..

And oh yea December of 09 was not a year and a half ago, but good try

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Better than leaving a question unanswered, some noob may be searching how to do it and now, he will have his answer..

And oh yea December of 09 was not a year and a half ago, but good try
he said half a year. FAIL:3dtard:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts