Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 94 civic and the harmonic balancer was wobbling and kept slinging the belts, while removing the old one which the center was wore out of I seen it had created a sort of a “burr” on the end of my crank, is it possible to mount a new harmonic balancer and fill the gap with aluminum foil or something of the sort without having to pull the motor? May sound like a dumb idea just something someone told me I could do

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also don’t wanna pull the crank because I’ll have to reset the time I believe, please enlighten me if wrong

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I recently purchased a 94 civic 5 speed d15b7 and the harmonic balancer was wobbling and kept slinging the belts, while removing the old one which the center was wore out of I seen it had created a sort of a “burr” on the end of my crank, is it possible to mount a new harmonic balancer and fill the gap with aluminum foil or something of the sort without having to pull the motor? May sound like a dumb idea just something someone told me I could do

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
If the new pulley goes on smoothly by hand and does not wobble when the motor is turning, I think you are fine.

Get it running, check pulley wobble or lack of wobble.

If it is good to go, I personally would remove the pulley again, and clean the threads of the crank bolt hole, and use a NEW crank bolt to install.

Honda's torque spec is also important to follow. Find one of the available tech manuals to download, and follow it to the T

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,296 Posts
no need for 2 threads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts