Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Subbie Outback
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ended up stripping out the column controls in our 91 hatch rally car and controlling the wipers with a toggle (on-off for low and momentary on for high). This works OK, but it would be better if the wipers parked after we were done with them.

I can't find a description of the park circuit anywhere. Anybody know how this system works?

Thanks.....

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
I looked into the 5-wire wiper motor on an EF nearly a decade ago for other reasons, but I recall one of the wires controlled the delay. IIRC if you zapped the wire, the motor would rotate once. The switch on your stalk connects to a timer relay that essentially "blinks" that wire ever second or two.

I was thinking how that relates to the park for high/low, and the following makes the most sense: When you turn the original stalk switch from low to off, it sweeps past delay. When high/low is turn off the wipers don't park, but then blipping delay finishes the "rotate once" of the delay mode & parks them.

That would make sense if you think what happens when you SLOWLY switch from low to off - the wipers freeze til you rotate enough into the delay part. Stalks w/o delay probably still have the delay contact & wire, just no timer relay or "click" for that position.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Do CRXs have a park circut? Because I know if you push CRX wiper blades up long and hard enough when they are in the down position they will do a whole cycle and try to return down, even if they were not electronically activated...

I think it took about 145 mph for a couple minutes before they did that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
May i know about its control circuit?
Also what are the specifications for the motor?
What battery it requires based on its voltage and current specifications?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts