Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cut springs with blown struts is the ghetto usdm mad tyte boyee.

haven't we done enough of these threads?
Maybe this is one of the reasons H-T turned into such a horrible forum, responses to simple questions like this. To you, someone who's been a part of this forum for 3 years and has posted over 5 thousand times, I'm sure hearing the same shit over and over gets pretty old for you. Well, some people are just getting to that question, even though you've already answered it a million times. The more experienced people on this site aren't anywhere near as bad as H-T, who are all complete douche bags, but I can see how this site could eventually get there with responses like this. Not trying to call out the people who've been on this site for a while or anything, I'm just making an observation and asking people to consider it.

On the other side of the coin, I completely understand that there are some questions that are just completely retarded and only require a few minutes of research to answer instead of posting a new thread. Questions like, "so, can I put 15psi on my stock motor?" or, "what should I do, get a turbo kit or swap in a Type R K20?", you know, questions like that. Questions that really don't require an outside opinion. Of course most people on here know that there are more factors to running 15psi on a stock engine than just the amount of boost, and if you've got the money to blow on a K swap, especially Type R, then why the hell would you bother with a D? These questions are retarded, and we all get that. Picking on a stupid question like that, although a complete waste of your time, is understandable.

But then there are other people that are asking questions because they'd really like to know if anyone has had any personal experience they can share with them. For example, "what is a good suspension set up for a DD?" I'll bet there have been all kinds of posts about that, but the person who posted that question may be looking for something completely different out of his suspension than the other guy that posted almost the same question. Or maybe that person searched for the information he was looking for but couldn't find anything he thought answered his question. In the case of suspension, here's an example; I've heard from some people that they don't like K-Sport because they're too stiff. I personally will be buying a set from JLB Motorsports because they're fairly inexpensive for being such good quality, and I don't mind having stiff suspension on my car. But if I did mind having stiffer suspension I might ask if anyone's had any experience with it and what they thought.

I guess the bottom line here is, us n00bs, and even the people that aren't necessarily new but not as experienced as you, we get it. You've already answered that question a million times. So if you don't feel like answering it, then why waste your time posting a response like this? If you're gonna waste your time and actually post something why don't you make it something helpful? Isn't that the whole point of a forum? The thing that drew me (and probably many others) to this site, aside from having a D series engine in my car, is that it's different from most other forums. There's not all kinds of know-it-all mother fuckers that are gonna shoot you down every time you ask a question. My hope is that it remains that way so it can be fun for everyone involved and not just a select few. God damn that is a long ass post.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
I think you're whining about nothing. Remo was fucking joking in that post; that's just how he rolls. If you pay attention you will notice some MINOR flaming going on and it normally happens for one of two types of posts:

1) "What do I need for a turbokit?"

This type of thread is posted at least once every week or two (by type I mean one that can be easily answered by doing a little research). The reason the OP will get flamed is because there are several STICKIES at the top of the forums. He doesn't even have to search....JUST LOOK!!!! Last time I checked, looking was something a person does by default.

2) People giving their opinion over fact.

This was illustrated last week when one member told another member not to run more than 7psi on a built bottom end. It's these types of motherfuckers that breed ignorance. And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.

The bottom line is if you make an honest effort to search (and it's pretty obvious from your post whether you've searched or not) and ask INTELLIGENT questions then you will get an intelligent response. If, however, you type like you failed hooked on phonics for the 8th time and are asking the same dumbass question as the person two threads down from you (also saw this happen within the last two weeks) then you might not get as polite a response as you were hoping for.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts

·
ministry of mayhem!
5,673 Posts
you know what? i think to compare remo's answer to a ht attitude is plainly unfortunate. remo is not just an outstanding member of this board, he's known for being one of the most compromised dudes with helping people. why he hasn't been promoted to mod, god only knows. but stupid questions deserve clever answers like his. its his way of saying THINK before you ASK. they're here to help. they're willing to help. ask them intelligent questions and you get intelligent answers. don't just abuse the good will of this board asking the same goddamn cheap suspension question or questions like what do you think is the best color for my valve cover. CHOOSE THE DAMN COLOR YOURSELF DAMMIT! pee with your own cock, don't take mine. or questions like what do you think of these rims? buy them! and if you don't like them, sell them. easier than that, impossible. its those stupid questions which make the d resemble ht, not remo's SMART response to a stupid question.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Maybe this is one of the reasons H-T turned into such a horrible forum, responses to simple questions like this. To you, someone who's been a part of this forum for 3 years and has posted over 5 thousand times, I'm sure hearing the same shit over and over gets pretty old for you. Well, some people are just getting to that question, even though you've already answered it a million times. The more experienced people on this site aren't anywhere near as bad as H-T, who are all complete douche bags, but I can see how this site could eventually get there with responses like this. Not trying to call out the people who've been on this site for a while or anything, I'm just making an observation and asking people to consider it.
well you just did by quoting something the remo had just said. this is by far the best forum i have ever been to and appreciate the people and the help i get from this forum more than any of them. i would never in my life compare any part of d-series to HMT. Never! d-series will never get to what HMT is like, you know why? there are too many good people on here that not only come on here to learn, but to help others, network with new people, and have a good time. sometimes we are going to making jokes, oh well, deal with it. just don't shit yourself everytime we do.

Whining is like a rocking chair, you can rock and rock all day long, but it gets you no where.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I think you're whining about nothing. Remo was fucking joking in that post; that's just how he rolls. If you pay attention you will notice some MINOR flaming going on and it normally happens for one of two types of posts:

1) "What do I need for a turbokit?"

This type of thread is posted at least once every week or two (by type I mean one that can be easily answered by doing a little research). The reason the OP will get flamed is because there are several STICKIES at the top of the forums. He doesn't even have to search....JUST LOOK!!!! Last time I checked, looking was something a person does by default.

2) People giving their opinion over fact.

This was illustrated last week when one member told another member not to run more than 7psi on a built bottom end. It's these types of motherfuckers that breed ignorance. And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.

The bottom line is if you make an honest effort to search (and it's pretty obvious from your post whether you've searched or not) and ask INTELLIGENT questions then you will get an intelligent response. If, however, you type like you failed hooked on phonics for the 8th time and are asking the same dumbass question as the person two threads down from you (also saw this happen within the last two weeks) then you might not get as polite a response as you were hoping for.

:werd:

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
There's not all kinds of know-it-all mother fuckers that are gonna shoot you down every time you ask a question. My hope is that it remains that way so it can be fun for everyone involved and not just a select few. God damn that is a long ass post.
Cause we are "po".

But yeah, its good coming on this forum. People on here aren't really into the "JDM" scene and they provide alot of useful information on all the D series motors. I actually like this site more than Preludepower now.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
:thehump: i think i tried to show this to a "noob", but was ignored by the poster. if someone searches, i am more then willing to answer questions and point people in the "right" direction. do i know all? hell no, but i have done my fair share of "research". when a question comes up that was obviously not searched for, prepair the flame suit.

its those stupid questions which make the d resemble ht, not remo's SMART response to a stupid question.
this is the dead honest truth :TU:.

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
this is going to be fun:)... there's nothing wrong with constructive critism or just flaming...on here if you get flamed you prob deserve it.....most of time when someone gets flamed two things happen A) everyone takes it, noone is offended and we all go on with our day. or B) your quoted and everyone makes fun of your for the rest of your natural life.

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
i'm at work now but when I get out of work i'll be more than happy to remover the pearl from your sandy mangina. bling, bling.

·
ministry of mayhem!
5,673 Posts
and so it begins... the downward spiral to remoer's ass burning hell... welcome n00bs, prepare that ass. :D
*dirty south grill beatz* spank dat aaaazz! woot! woot! spank dat aaaazz!

·
ministry of mayhem!
5,673 Posts
*whispers* i see... epic fail.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.