Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, so I have a 97 civic ej6 coupe, at the moment the car needs an engine,
I could throw an engine for this model, which is the 1.6 SOHC non VTEC, the wiring loom would suit it, but what do you think if I throw a VTEC engine with the correct loom and ecu, how hard would it be? any suggestions? Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
depending how and where you get the other engine from you could easily swap the loom, or like above post just run the vtec wire. the non vtec uses a different exhaust manifold and catalitic converter from the vtec engine one 02 sensor is also in a different location. it is an easy swap though I have done a few of them

·
Registered
476 Posts
If you use the VTEC harness on the non VTEC chassis you'll have to wire in the secondary O2 sensor.

If you reuse the non VTEC harness on VTEC engine you'll have to wire in the knock sensor, VTEC solenoid, VTEC pressure switch and change the wiring at the ecu from/for 3 wire IACV to 2 wire IACV.

If you can use an OBD1 ecu you can skip the knock sensor and secondary O2 wiring with the original harness.

If you choose to change the harness it needs to stay 96-98.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
If you use the VTEC harness on the non VTEC chassis you'll have to wire in the secondary O2 sensor.

If you reuse the non VTEC harness on VTEC engine you'll have to wire in the knock sensor, VTEC solenoid, VTEC pressure switch and change the wiring at the ecu from/for 3 wire IACV to 2 wire IACV.

If you can use an OBD1 ecu you can skip the knock sensor wiring with the original harness.

If you choose to change the harness it needs to stay 96-98.
Yay all that.

I answer all this like 3 time in the last wk lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts