Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a 5 piece set at HF, but the main one I always use the tip is already worn. I purchased a "help" brand set from autozone didn't last. I had one I acquired though a tool lot purchase that lasted a long time, my dumbass left it in a car. Looking for help on a quality brand.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
i got one from advanced... metal with screwdriver handle..

i think i paid around 10 bucks

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Those metal tools often leave marks/indentations though when being forced in relation with other plastics. I have yet to find a quality plastic trim removal tool; until then, I just find myself getting by with the HF ones.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
How much plastic trim you removing?

I mean if you work in a body shop and this tool is in your hand on a daily basis, I would look towards a Matco or another professional brand that has a lifetime warranty.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
HF hand tools have a lifetime warranty...
Really? Its not the warranty they sell you..?

I bought a drill and the warranty plan.. The drill took a shit after 4 months. I brought it back and exchanged it with a new one. The said do I want to purchase a warranty. I said I already did.

They said No, that covered the old drill. if you want coverage on the new one, you need to purchase a new warranty. :wtf:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Really? Its not the warranty they sell you..?

I bought a drill and the warranty plan.. The drill took a shit after 4 months. I brought it back and exchanged it with a new one. The said do I want to purchase a warranty. I said I already did.

They said No, that covered the old drill. if you want coverage on the new one, you need to purchase a new warranty. :wtf:
A drill isnt a hand tool. Their hand tools automatically have a lifetime warranty.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Those metal tools often leave marks/indentations though when being forced in relation with other plastics. I have yet to find a quality plastic trim removal tool; until then, I just find myself getting by with the HF ones.
If your afraid of that, dip the end in a pool of RTV. Once it dries you can cut and manipulate the RTV and now you have a rubber coated pry bar.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I work at a dealer and do a ton of interior panel, consoles, trim, etc. removal for campaigns, repairs. Would be nice if the HF set has a warranty. I guess I'll ether have to try a snap on one or buy new HF annually if no warranty.

Metal style works for something like get out those clip that stay in the door when removing door panels, but there abrasive. I personal try to stay away from pocket screw drivers and metal trim tools as much as possible as they break or mark up plastic super easy.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Micro flat head goes far. The metal one is good for plastic rivets.

For interior I like to use a kit I got from the Canadian HF (Princess Auto) in a brand called Pro Point.

The best/longest lasting will be Snap-On but these are "consumable tools" to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts