Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i a planing on dropping a t25 on it , now guys please forgive me if i sound new or like an idiot , i am new at the whole car engine thing, but i do need questions answered and i was told this would be the best place.

I understand my power output will depend greatly on my tunning,but i want to know just for kicks how much hp can i expect roughly?

also i have to do the wiring for ecu completely different from my current civic 98 lx9 yeah its a snail i kno)

who psi do you recomend i run it at with out blowing the engine and with out taking away from the engone life?

·
Registered
147 Posts
On stock internals you could probably see about 130kw at the wheels, depending on the turbo and how much boost you run.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
First thing first, go over to the turbo section, read the stickies, ead some build thread, you can google search d-series.org for "t25" and see what comes up.

Don't expect to get much more than 200WHP, that is a small turbo, I htink most builds end up with 160-180, but I could be wrn,g I am no expert. But, there is plenty of info out there, just read up.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am planning on running the t25 turbo stock internals, i am not sure about how much boost probably between 8-10 psi, i just dont want to blow the engine, i plan to get it tunned but i am not sure the price range for doing that ,i believe i have the odb1a ecu(i think that what it is) i understand that i and not gonna push 300 tot he wheel or anything but i am intrested in better performance from my 98 civic lx(piece of shit), what also concerns me is the fact that i have to creat all the wiring harness for the ecu, any idea on how to make this easier for me? bottom line if i end up with 180 i am satisfied i know that my car wont do anything crazy but i am kind of tired of being at a light and just because i have a muffler and rims and a dropped car they think i can race , ha if only they knew)

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
I dont know shit about the OBD2 wiring (which is what is stock in your car), but I do know some things that will help you.

First: Take the advice of the people who posted before me, not sure if you have yet or not.

Second: Before you even think seriously about doing this you need to first get the new engine in your car and running properly.

Third: Once that is done you need to do a compression test on it (search for a how-to if you dont know), if that turns out good, THEN you can start planning your turbo build.

Your D15B VTEC is OBD1, there is no OBD1a, b, etc. That only exists with OBD2 cars, which your 98 LX is OBD2a. As far as installing the motor, I recommend a P28 ECU, you will need a OBD2a-OBD1 conversion harness (can be purchased many places) to use the P28 ECU, and if youre 98 LX isnt prewired for VTEC, you will need to do that as well, there may be some other things you need to wire but again, I dont know shit about Civics past 95' so some of the other members will be better suited to help you there.

If you do the compression test and your engine is in good shape, then 8-10 psi will not be a problem if you get it properly tuned (expect to pay between 200-400), and I recommend getting it street tuned first, then getting it dyno tuned.

Oh, and its TUNED, with one fucking N, not 2!!!!!!!! I dont know what tunned is but it has nothing to do with a car. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
T25 are shit I wouldnt waste your time or money! Use a 14b off 1G it will last a hell of a lot longer. And you can use a 12:1 blox fmu or that low or boost it wont be as good as chipped ecu, you can always convert though. Also a synapse missing link. Those are the two cheap easy ways to get around wiring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts