Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking to build a pretty mean D series All motor. I'm kind of new to Honda's, so I'm looking for advice from some of you guys who know a lot more than me. Here's what I've got so far:

ZC Motor: $400+shipping
ZC Tranny: $150+shipping
D16Z6 Head: $320
P28 ECU: $100
Megan Racing Header: $350
Isky Racing Valvesprings/Retainers: $315
Si Valves: $200
Exospeed Stage 3 Camshaft: $260

Total so far: $2100 + shipping for engine/tranny and misc. shipping.

My budget for this build is $2500 including shipping. So a few questions I have are:

1. Are pistons worth changing out on the ZC block?
2. How much am I looking at for a decent tune?
3. If you had to guess, how much HP would I be putting down to the wheels with this set up?

Thanks a lot for the help in advance guys =D.

·
Registered
see above
4,259 Posts
you could pay less and make more power going turbo =). but if thats what you want.. loook into a better header.. a non vtec head for a bigger cam and some gear work for your trans.
jdm d15b vtec 600 plus bolt on greddy kiit *for smog*. chipped hondata s200 on 12 psi. less than 2500 =). just a thought though .

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Yeah, your not going to make shit for power with an all motor d-series engine. TRUST US!!! turbo it. its not as hard, or expencive as it looks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how much am I looking at for a full turbo set up w/ a tune? I have a stock d15b7 in my 92 hatch with only 65k miles on it. should i drop a zc or a d15b vtec in it?

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
no, look around for a good used turbo kit. run 8 lbs of boost untill you want t be faster, then upgrade internals.

Not sure how much turbo kits go for, make it your self: $300-$700
Buy one: $500-$1000

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not bad. how much power could i expect to be making with a used turbo setup on a stock d15b7? 180whp?

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
lets not get too carried away. It all depends on your set-up. you can bolt on a turbo kit to your car, get it tuned, and maybe hit 160whp tuned, and 8psi. If you want to build your car up, lower compression pistond, better Connecting rods, Valve springs, and a Good turbo cam. not alot, but it will allow you to run like 15 psi

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
look use your money to get a 14b set-up run it at 10psi you should be around the 13 second mark if you know how to drive. then later sale your HMT and get a bigger turbo set-up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts