Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i am building a complete z6 from scratch and need to know a good place to look for a Z6 block i havent been able to find one on the web or at a junk yard?
I was going to go Y8 block with z6 head but i read that the timing will be off and at 400+ id have bad headlift so id rather have a complete z6 but need to have a block. also if you know anymore about y8 with z6 head and if that could work and wont blow then give me some info

·
Registered
107 Posts
Craigslist had a few, hondamarketplace, i have heard good things about the classified forum here. Don't know for certain.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
thank you very helpful, why didnt i do that in the first place?
Fixed it for ya.

To answer your obviously sarcastic question........because you think this is www.spoonfeedthenoob.org have you tried google at all? There are a bunch of sites where you can get a z6 block or just about any other motor you're looking for. So yeah, research more.....

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,907 Posts
a y8 block wont cause the timing to be off, thats only if its a y8 cam and a z6 cam gear or vice-virsa. a y8 block is the same as a z6 block the cranks differ tho but completely interchangable. and using a y8 block or a z6 block would have nothing to do with head lift, use arp's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts