Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have an idea i want to share so tell me what u think. Here my set up d15b7 with zc/a6 cam installed ,y8 itm, 10lb flywheel, stage 1 clutch and pressure plate,jvt 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and 2 1/2 in exhaust no cat . I am runnin a p08 jdm ecu so i have de vtec cheack light ...with all that said i have a nos kit to install with a 65shot ,is it possiable to run the wire from the ecu that turns on the vtec to spray my nos . its a wet system n the nos will be used for drags only . so advise me guys

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
I would recommend against a wet nitrous kit and say go with a dry kit.
I think it is certainly much safer (search for why) and all around better.

But depending on how your ECU/tuning is set up, you can certainly run a wire from the ECU to the nitrous solenoid to make the nitrous spray. What tuning program/tool/hack are you planning on using?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I would suggest NO N2O on a D15B7.

I've seen many spit a rod.
This. Your idea may work. I don't know never tried it. The vtec output is a 12v hot but it will shut off due to know vtec pressure switch flipping = trowing vtec code = vtec turns off = plan back fire and no spray.

A better option is to chip the ecu and get a tune. Most tuning software can control unused out puts to control nitrous and adjust fuel and ignition timing accordingly (use the vtec output or several others) . Building the motor to handle the extra stress would be a good idea too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts