Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some deep wells so I had gotten a flyer in the mail from Harbor Freight. looked threw it and seen the color coded deep wells in sae and metric.
couldnt bet the price. like 10.00 each set

Ended up up ordering the deep wells metric 4 piece pry bar set and 3/8th extension set of 4

was like 30 shipped for all.

life time warranty on all of it.

and im pretty please with the tools. seem to be made really well.

Iv had to for a bit I wanted to see what they were like before i made this.
I think i will buy more no probs from them

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
I've been using those HF sockets for awhile, they have never broke on me.

bought me two sets. one for home and one for in car set and I also bought two sets of ratching wrenches.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
I have that exact same socket set for over a year and still going strong. I only use them at home though assembling and disassembling the project engine and trans. I have all craftsman at work since sears is right down the street. Harbor freight is right down the street from my house :)

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
5 years of using HF tools, and never had a problem...well I broke a rachet but that was from me hitting it with a hammer :ssst: . They gave me a new one so it all worked out. Don't worry I was young and discovered breaker bars soon after.

Snap-on :shoot:

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
hahahaha i went and bought that EXACT set of sockets about two years ago. I use them daily on my 3/8 and 1/2 impact snapon guns abusing the absolute shit out of them. I havent busted a single one of them yet i swear to god they last longer than my craftsman sockets! The whole reason i bought this set of sockets instead of snapon was because i wanted to save a little money, and if i lose these sockets on a truck or somewhere i wouldnt be as mad (vs losing a 300$ set of snapon sockets). Now i would be very angry if i lost this set of sockets, i like them better than my snapon sockets i bought!

Plus the color coding is awesome, i can randomly pull a socket out of a bag full of sockets and know its the right size without trying to read the fine print on the outside of it. However my sockets are now fading because of being used so much so they are harder to tell what color they are.

·
Registered
honda
68 Posts
I almost bought those sockets they other day but I thought they looked cheap. Well after reading this im gonna go buy them for my emergency kit in my car. Thanks for the review.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
I was just at hf today before heading out to the track. I bought a bigger tool box, a rotary tool, safety specs and those pry bars. Thats kinda funny.

But I've been using hf tools for a couple years. The pittburg brand seems to be legit so far. I'll have to check out those color coated deep wells.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
The racing jacks work great too! Still need to buy me a 3 ton rapid pump when I get the money!

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was just at hf today before heading out to the track. I bought a bigger tool box, a rotary tool, safety specs and those pry bars. Thats kinda funny.

But I've been using hf tools for a couple years. The pittburg brand seems to be legit so far. I'll have to check out those color coated deep wells.
they have the color coded shallows also which i tried to buy but where outta stock :(

working on replaceing tools now lol

·
Registered
In circles.LOL
862 Posts
too bad the american companies have to be greedy.I hate sending my money to china.But for the price of the HF tools yo can't beat it.I have the HF imapact DW sockets i paid 20 for.Can't kill them..
Just don't by any HF power tools.They are junk from my experiance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good to know. I need some more tools, I know what I want for my birthday now :p Haha. I like the color coded, too. We used to have torque sticks like that at work.. just grab and go.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
BTW: Snap-on Bluepoint = Pittsburgh tools

I have a 62.3% discount with Snap-on, Matco, and Cornwell yet 90% of my tools are HF cause it was cheaper lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts