Honda D Series Forum banner

pistons and rods

1K views 13 replies 1 participant last post by  transzex 
G
#1 ·
I am looking to run a 75 shot of zex and from what I have read the eagle h-beam rods seem to be the best bet.

What would be the best pistons to get?

Where is the best place to purchase the rods and pistons?

Thank you.

G
#3 ·
well yea if he is willing to blow his motor he can try a 85 shot or more. if he wants to be safe. then he's thinking straight.

I would get a set of endyn rollerwave pistons. Get a set of the FI pistons that are 75.5mm that's .5mm over stock and that allows you to have tke block freshened up and proerply spected to the pistons.
www.theoldone.com is their current site.

if you get the rods and pistons you coudl run a 150 shot and be fine. FYI anything voer 75 shot needs to be a WET shot only.

G
#4 ·
transzex said:
get the fuel right and no need for the pistons and rods.........

$42 for injectors or $800 in rods and pistons

ZEX 85 shot, going for 100 shot when I find a clutch to hold.

yep. and a crappy b+m fpr will do the job just fine. no need for forged internals with less than 100shot. unless u plan on using a bottle a day where in that case u will need it

G
#5 ·
i havent seen stock setups last long if you go 85+ shot on them. but you can always take your chances. if he has the $ to spend get the stuff and do it right. then you can get a much larger shot and be totally happy and have a blast at the "TRACK" (not the streets)..

G
#7 ·
My car held up just fine with a 100hp shot in the direct port fogger. The only damage that my motor has seen was from a bad tune-up with a 75 shot. I had so much timing that it completly melted the ground straps off 3 spark plugs. And even then all I get is a lil bit of wrist pin noise when its really cold. Just my personal experiance...

G
#8 ·
B said:
My car held up just fine with a 100hp shot in the direct port fogger. The only damage that my motor has seen was from a bad tune-up with a 75 shot. I had so much timing that it completly melted the ground straps off 3 spark plugs. And even then all I get is a lil bit of wrist pin noise when its really cold. Just my personal experiance...
most people reading your post are probalbly calling bullshit,but ive personally seen a bone stock d16z6 in a 92si with a 100shot nx single fogger run hard as fuk for about 6months. the engine itself was bonestock. he had it tuned very good with an aem wideband and an egt gauge prelude injectors and an apexi vafc. his mph(109) was the shit for being local he just didnt know how to drive launching on the bottle on street tires

#10 ·
IMHO, 75 shot with GOOD tuneup is the safe limit on the stocks rods. I know at 85 shot, even with enough fuel, sooner or later a rod will exit.

100 shot direct port is pushing it, but with enough fuel (little extra kills power) to be safe.......

Making B series cry..........

G
#11 ·
You forgot one thing thats way more important then a good tune-up Mr.bone. No fear. I kinda view my SOHC as the ugly red headed step child of honda engines. (also the cheapest to replace) so I put the spray to it just for fun. I totally expect it to kick a rod at anytime. And I think that its important for everyone to understand that when you really lean on your engine parts will fail, its not if, its when... :wink:

G
#13 ·
I could afford building the bottom (up to a point), but I cannot afford to not have my car for a couple of days.

If building the block is not needed, then I will spend the money else where :) No problem there...

I just got the v-afc, the really cold ngk plugs, I am trying to decide on injectors. Mista Bones I heard you talk about the ford red tops, but are they plug n play? or what modifications need to be made? (you should make a sticky on this topic ;)

Also what do you guys recommened as far as the fuel pump goes?

I just got my notification that my zex kit and vafc are waiting for me at the UPS so she will be going in tommorow after work, can't wait! I am always extremly thankful for any help!!!

#14 ·
all mods were done to the injectors, nothing on the fuel rail is touched.

You will need bigger spacers for the fuel rail, 1/2" I believe.

I'm on vacation in just over a week, I'm gonna try to get alot of car stuff done, and I'll let my son do the webpage stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.