Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how do you know when your block cant be bored out anymore?

I have a D16Z6 and it was boosted on and had some detonation. Started smoking really bad and shutting off when I wasn't on the gas. So I took off the head, and saw that a piston had a whole in it. The head is fine, but the cylinder is rough from I guess the piece of piston that broke off.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Service limit is 76mm (40 over). So take it to the shop and have them tell you if it's repairable (bore it out).

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
I miss my garage :( had to move into an apt recently. No more major mods on the honda for a while.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
smh also funny how you can get 4 pistons 4 sets of rings, and wrist pins shipped to your door for the price of 1 piston. good for 400whp. <3 vitara <3

·
Premium Member
96,97,00 civic
2,149 Posts
So how do you know when your block cant be bored out anymore?

I have a D16Z6 and it was boosted on and had some detonation. Started smoking really bad and shutting off when I wasn't on the gas. So I took off the head, and saw that a piston had a whole in it. The head is fine, but the cylinder is rough from I guess the piece of piston that broke off.

How did your plugs look were they melted? Or did the piston just have a hole in it? Read my other post it this thread. You more likely had pre-ignition problems.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77354

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
smh also funny how you can get 4 pistons 4 sets of rings, and wrist pins shipped to your door for the price of 1 piston. good for 400whp. <3 vitara <3
I looked into Vitaras before, but it looks like i will need a new shortblock before i get them now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts