Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding a D16a6 motor for my 90 hatch. I have some Wisco 8.5-1 pistons and Eagle rods from a DOHC ZC motor that I want to use in the SOHC motor. I belive the compression ratio would end up at 10-1 in the SOHC motor. Does this sound right to you guys?:???:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The motor that I am rebuilding is a D16a6 with the a6 head. The pistons and rods are in a DOHC ZC motor. I want to use the D16a6 block because I am going to use this motor for some autocross racing and dailing driving. The 8.5-1 and a big turbo was good power at higher RPMs, after the boost came up, but I want the throttle responce of a higher compression motor.;)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
no DOHC ZC pistons in Wiseco's current catalog.......

Likely you have SOHC 8.5:1 slugs, then copmression ratio will depends on compression height, dish, and head cc's.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no DOHC ZC pistons in Wiseco's current catalog.......

Likely you have SOHC 8.5:1 slugs, then copmression ratio will depends on compression height, dish, and head cc's.
They don't sell thses pistons anymore. They were for the D16a1 motor so they would be the same for the DOHC ZC. They have been in this motor for the last 3 years and I don't have the box they came in to find the specs.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
the part number should be stamped on the underside of the piston, on the pin boss......

I have access to old catalogs, just need numbers

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, I found the box the pistons came in;
Wisco 725705150
Compression HT 1.174
Bore 2.972
#040889M/857 CW19 S376

I don't know what any of that means but maybe you do. I think these pistons were on some kind of clearance when I bought them 3 years ago.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
what do the pistons say?????

BTW it's spelled Wiseco, unless you got some knockoffs......

75.5mm bore.....

·
Registered
'06 GMC Sierra Crew
170 Posts
I had some Wiseco's in the A1 motor i blew up last summer. AFAIK from the previous owner's history you couldnt buy these from Wiseco. They were custom jobs made only for King Motorsports who were the sole distributor. I dont even think they marketed them as "Wisecos"

I'd check the one that was on the broken rod, but it's piled up at the back of the garage now for the winter... These were 11.5:1, btw...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what do the pistons say?????

BTW it's spelled Wiseco, unless you got some knockoffs......

75.5mm bore.....
They are still in the ZC motor in the car, so its kind of hard to see the markings on the bottom of the pistons.

I think maybe these were sold by AEM because their name is on the box too.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I am going to go ahead and use the DOHC ZC Wiseco pistons and Eagle rods in my A6 motor. If the stock PM7 pistons will work in these motors then I can't see any problems using a piston with a smaller dome.:cool:

·
Registered
284 Posts
i would guess a low c/r piston for a zc/a1 would yield anywhere from 9-10:1 in a sohc head

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
Well I am going to go ahead and use the DOHC ZC Wiseco pistons and Eagle rods in my A6 motor. If the stock PM7 pistons will work in these motors then I can't see any problems using a piston with a smaller dome.:cool:
then get the number off the bottom of the piston when you give them to the machine shop.

HOW HARD IS THAT?????

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
then get the number off the bottom of the piston when you give them to the machine shop.

HOW HARD IS THAT?????
The ZC pistons are in a running motor, makes it a little hard to read the bottom of the pistons:hammer:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts