Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didnt get any info in the general tech section so posting here!

So my civic has a d16y8. It supposedly has a built bottom end, je pistons and eagle rods is what i was told if i recall right. Garret 57trim. It has a loud knock/ticking at idle. It goes away with rpm. Ive adjusted the valves and that didnt help. Ive read about problems with piston slap with aftermarket pistons. Now its done this noise for 3months since i got it so i dont think its bearings. Ive been told its piston slap but will this cause issues? Should i start saving to build it again? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
video of noise will help the most

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I donno what it is with cp pistons but every motor I've tuned with cp pistons, sounded noisy as hell too.

I had a srp z6 last year, it was noisy but it didnt sound like that vitara motor. However, it had proper p2w clearance.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Someone correct me if im wrong, but for every 100hp aren't you supposed to go +.001 overbore? I need to drop off my block to be bored for my 75.5 CP's and am shooting for around 300 whp, would it be better to go .022 or .023 for my build? Sorry to thread jack, just a question on the same topic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts