Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1997 civic hx
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of vitara pistons of a local guy and when i was looking at the pistons i noticed there was a scratch on the skirt of one of the piston from when the rings were installed. Do you guys think this will be a problem?
Ill try to post a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
I bought a set of vitara pistons of a local guy and when i was looking at the pistons i noticed there was a scratch on the skirt of one of the piston from when the rings were installed. Do you guys think this will be a problem?
Ill try to post a pic tomorrow.
Does it catch your fingernail? Even then, i think it will be ok unless its like a freakin crater

·
Registered
1997 civic hx
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it catches your fingernail. Do you think it would be ok to sand it a little?

·
Registered
1997 civic hx
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can someone pm me there email address so i can send them pics and they can post them for me.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
Does it looke like a rubbed out mark or a scratch?

On our 2 cycle motors after scoring the piston I would wire brush it to knock off the peaks then throw on a new ring.

Change cylinders of course. 5 bux says its not that bad. If I lose my 5 bux and it is bad that sucks. You'll need a new set. Sorry bro.

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Look up Danz build in the turbo section. His piston looks like it was shot by a 12 gauge and he said he was still going to run it.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
you have PM...

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
If the scratch is in an area that might eventually crack, and if you polish the scratch out, make sure you polish in direction perpendicular to potential crack lines so as not to assist a crack propagating. It is unlikely that a scratch from fitting rings is in an area prone to crack propagation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts