Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I tried to do some searching for my high comp build and someone suggested using pm3 pistons instead of p29s

I was wondering what are the advantages/disadvantages of each and people's opinions

I also read that some kind of modification is needed for the valve pockets if I use p29s

I'm looking for some pistons that i can just drop into an A6 block with A6 Rods

When reusing rods should I replace them in the correct order? At the time I was planning on throwing these A6 rods away and didn't keep them in the order I removed them by.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
since your using new pistons i dont think the rods have to be in a certain order, i could be wrong

·
Registered
422 Posts
The rods brand new neither used ones I bought Used Eagle rods and the guy did not told me in witch order they were before.You will not have any problems with P29 or PM3 they will fit directly into your engine. If you used Eagle rods H beam like mine you will have to notch the block for fitment.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
just my believe but if you are just doing a regular rebuild you should try to keep them in order. since you didn't just make sure you are getting the bearing clearance right. how high are you going to be pushing the engine. pm3 are mostly flap top/ a little dish making for better flame travel. p29's are said not to be ideal for flame travel/better burn. might want to take a look at pg6b pistons or pdn's if you got some cash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts