Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
Hi
Maybe it will sound stupid but i have to ask.
If i put vitara pistons wich rings do i put honda or vitara
i'd say either/or. i like OE honda rings. i believe the vitaras usually come with hastings, which are fine. i imagine the grooves and dimensions of the rings and their lands are identical, someone know for sure?

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
They come with hastings rings. But for future reference: whatever piston you use determines the ring set you use.

·
11,892 Posts
i'd say either/or. i like OE honda rings. i believe the vitaras usually come with hastings, which are fine. i imagine the grooves and dimensions of the rings and their lands are identical, someone know for sure?
The ring thickness is different depending on the piston (found this out the hard way).

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
Well i used Honda spec rings(Hastings) in my build and i sell them with Honda sepc rings..Except for the 75.5mm pistons that i sell them with Suzuki spec rings cause my supplier dont have Honda .020 rings.

So you can use either Honda rings or Suzuki rings.

If you need them let me know.

·
11,892 Posts
if you use the vitara pistons on a honda block use the honda piston rings. i believe thats how fjt supplies them
I sure hope he doesn't supply them this way. The rings should be matched to the piston. The block they're going in doesn't matter.

For more info reference:

http://www.hastingsmfg.com/Catalog/master.asp

Hastings master catalog gives individual top, bottom, and oil control ring thickness for many different makes, models, and engines.

·
11,892 Posts

·
11,892 Posts
Triple posts suck

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
Well i used Honda spec rings(Hastings) in my build and i sell them with Honda sepc rings..Except for the 75.5mm pistons that i sell them with Suzuki spec rings cause my supplier dont have Honda .020 rings.

So you can use either Honda rings or Suzuki rings.

If you need them let me know.

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
triple post ftl!

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
lol..somethings wrong with the board.. i tried to post several times and it didnt let me...no i find 2-3 post.. sory about that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts