Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1992 honda civic
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've tried searching several forums and i've seen people running p29s and other pistons in a b2 or b7 block i was wondering if anything has to be modded in able to do so?

same question goes for pg6s

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
whats wrong with the pm3's, just mill the head

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
they should work fine it will just lower your compression a tad bit but if you do mill the head as your saying you should be fine
but quench will suck nuts with the piston being almost 2mm in the hole with the p29 and 1mm in the hole with a pg6, the stock d15 pm3 is about the best you could ask for in a n/a engine its a 0 decked flat top, great quench with a milled head and easy to tune and not as detination sensitive plus you have tons of piston to valve clearance, so whats not to like?

·
Registered
1992 honda civic
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whats you guys opionion on head milling? how much should i go for?
head is p&p,3 angle valve job, and soon delta 272 or 282 (undecided)

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
i would honestly wait to get the cam and clay the motor before you decide to start whacking it then.

what head are going to be running, non vtec

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
my b2 i just built has .060 cut off the head and im running a crane 12 in it but i also have a delta 282 and an exospeed stg4 for down the road, an i clayed mine and there is a lot of room with the crane 12 in it, rushi milled his b2 head .110 and had lots of p2v clearance but had to open the valve relives because it changed the valve placement on the piston due to be ing closer. with the head milled .060 you will be around 11.5:1 compression with a z6 gasket, this is what i would recommend but as stated clay it for yourself first so you know were your at. this weill need to be tuned right off the bat so you dont hurt anything

1 - 12 of 12 Posts