Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
What head? With a A6/B7 head you have to open the CC bore a bit.

D15/VXrods/P29's stick out .052" and work with a .027" HG

Read my D15Baby8 thread for the pics.

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What head? With a A6/B7 head you have to open the CC bore a bit.

D15/VXrods/P29's stick out .052" and work with a .027" HG

Read my D15Baby8 thread for the pics.
Not sure yet. Either A6 or Z6 head. Just toying with ideas (as always).

Found your thread. Pics (and pic link) are both dead. Well first page, anyways.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
has long has the diameter of the chamber is slightly larger of the then the piston and you still have room left for rod to stretch you should be fine.

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank god im going low compression, this just sounds too close for comfort for me... im interested in pics...
I have no pics. Was just brainstorming a D17 w/137mm rods and Vitara's....

But I think one of Bone's builds had the pistons almost 1/4" out of the block. :shock:

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
It was the domes. Not the compression height.

The chamber can easily be modded to accommodate any clearance needed for that setup. Any good machine shop can fly cut the chambers to any depth needed to clear the pistons. You won't need more than .030" clearance, especially since you aren't going to be reving the thing too high with the D17 crank. (Right?)

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
How far where the rings down the bore at TDC.

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The chamber can easily be modded to accommodate any clearance needed for that setup. Any good machine shop can fly cut the chambers to any depth needed to clear the pistons. You won't need more than .030" clearance, especially since you aren't going to be reving the thing too high with the D17 crank. (Right?)
Scrapped the idea. Also considered a D15 build that would have pistons out-of-the-hole. Decided on something 'easier' and figured I'd put the possible creativity into something else. :yes:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
Scrapped the idea. Also considered a D15 build that would have pistons out-of-the-hole. Decided on something 'easier' and figured I'd put the possible creativity into something else. :yes:
I win!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts