Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you wondering how the vitara piston will sit now in the Cylinder with the new I beam for the D16?

Well, here are some pictures of a member from another forum who built his engine with the new I beams.

Before the Vitara piston sat below the deck height (with standard length rods, 137mm) on the D16 engines.

Now.. It sits right at deck height..just a hair below (.002 below).

The rods still require some notching to the block..

If someone has similar pictures of the Vitaras mounted with H Beams please post the pictures so that we can see the difference..

Thanks

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I believe i got a pic of mine close up, ill check when I get home.

·
Banned
598 Posts
i believe this member on td16 did notch the girdle slightly though he wasn't sure if it needed it...
i just saw a vitara pic on this forum with some 137's....where'd it go...

still hoping for no notching on the d15...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
That deck looks like he took an abrasive wheel to it. The circles don't look uniform. I hope he didn't otherwise he'll be replacing blown head gaskets. Those pistons look good though. If I do another build I'll most likely go with them instead of the over expensive rollerwaves I'm using now.

·
Banned
598 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
You don't have to notch the girdle! I put together my block this weekend but my computer crashed just after I erased the pictures from my camera (It's old, only holds 15 pictures). I'll take a picture of the picture on my phone.

It's extremely shitty, sorry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts