Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what I am looking for is a actual picture of the greddy intercooler kit for the 92-95 civic. I am looking for the type 31 if that helps. I can not find a pic of the actual kit anywhere, seems most places use the same pic for all applications. What I need are pipe dimensions such as inside diameter, outside diameter and bend radius. just seeing a pic would be helpful. if anyone can help out it would be very much appreciated. I want to figure this out so that I can use the johnnyracecar fmic and not pay out the ass for the greddy fmic kit.
thanks in advance.

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an idea what the outlet size is, but what I really need is a pic. Going to try to do some reverse engineering. I actually thought about ordering the kit and then sending it back lol.

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MyblkVTEC said:
^^ you ass lol j/k

fuck yeah! if it saves me $600 something on it. greddy shit is so overpriced. I bet I can duplicate it for almost half that. the cheapest I found it was like $625 shipped.

O

·
0 Posts
their piping is very inefficent.

your best bet is to get yourself a $250 fmic, and some 2.5" ubends and use them as the angles and weld straights onto where they need to be. that's what I did (except my fmic is a bit better than a $250 unit. mine's much larger and more expensive)
I ran my piping around the driver side into the fmic to the pass side and back under up into the engine bay to the intake you can see in my site the layout on some of the pics. it worked out very well.

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oscarmayer said:
their piping is very inefficent.

your best bet is to get yourself a $250 fmic, and some 2.5" ubends and use them as the angles and weld straights onto where they need to be. that's what I did (except my fmic is a bit better than a $250 unit. mine's much larger and more expensive)
I ran my piping around the driver side into the fmic to the pass side and back under up into the engine bay to the intake you can see in my site the layout on some of the pics. it worked out very well.
yes I figured their piping would be inefficent. Your plumbing of the piping is more along the lines of what I was planning on doing. I just wanted to see what the greddy kit looks like for comparison. What I do not like about the greddy turbo is the fact the compressor outlet is 2" What are the dimensions on that intercooler?

O

·
0 Posts
from turbo it goes to pass side near around under and it makes a total tight "ubend" over the top of fmic and then into fmic. then out it goes simular into intake. it's also only 2" if i remember correctly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts