Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I finaly decided to tear down the ol 250k mile JRSC B7 a few months ago. After a couple weeks of searching for a Z6 I found one. And what a pile of shit it was!!! See my post under party and bs. So from a reccomendation by a freind I purchased a JDM D15B from Makotoengines and wow am I pleased. Weeks of ebay bids,message forums, honda parts and online catalogs the parts are starting to roll in. Its getting close my friends. Not going big but something a little different. Heres the Setup:

JDM D15B VTEC All stock internals.
JRSC, 8 psi pulley, a/f guage, fuel guage, boost guage , temp guage
Kamikazi 4-1 header
full 2.5" exhaust
Edelbrock Vara-jection water/alcohol injection
Energy suspension inserts
Socketed P28 ECU
Uberdata
Quaife LSD
93SI trans
ALL new trans bearings,2nd and 3rd syncros and hubs, new 3rd shifter fork
7lb Keizer drag rims 22x8x13 M&H slicks

Next items on the list are Ford redtop #30's (have been outbid twice now :( )
Wideband o2
Getting the JRSC polished and my spare valvecover :)
I will be taking pics and posting soon on the progress. Not much but this is also my 80miles/day daily driver that sees mucho abuse. In the near future I hope to have some dyno time and charts as well as some track times. I will also post my gas mileage for you too. I cal it project "mini-money-pit" aka factory mini-mi + parts = money pit, ouch that quaife hurts the checkbook :( I sure hope its worth it.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
psssst.. I got the JRSc back in :) Finishing up a few things with the water injection and some final wiring but I should be able to go for a testrun tomorrow sometime. Got the cougar all back together and am taking it to work tomorrow (I hope it makes it lol)A couple pics for you :) The LSD is installed and the tranny is rebuilt. It drive SWEEET oh man it shifts so smoooove even at 7k rpm. Hooks like a mutha comin out of corners but talk about torque steer yikes!!! I will post some more pics tomorrow if I have time.

On the bench swapping parts over

and there she is in and almost done!

Water injection nozzle

Injection controls

my DIY rom burner

chip storage

D

·
0 Posts
he man i like the setup... where did u get ur 8 psi pulley??? i have been thinking about upgradeing to 8 or 10 psi with water injection and redo my exhaust setup cause its messed up at the moment... nice to know some other people on here who support the blower..

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cant tell yet I used it for a whopping 2 seconds. Waiting on my 450cc injectors before I can start to cool it. I tested it last sunday and when it kicked on the car immediatly leaned out. Its like a mini kick in the ass I could definatly feel it but let off real quick. Dont want to blow it up just yet lol. This D15B flows so much more air than my B7 I am pretty much out of fuel at 5k rpm. I cant even barely boost the thing until I get larger injectors. Hell my timing is almost 20 degrees retarded in the top end to keep things in check lol. Soon my friends soon.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First tank of Uberdata gas...not finely tuned and got 32mpg I am pleased :)

I also added a post in the showcase with more pics.

B

·
0 Posts
hey bizzar i been trying to get a hold of you. Im gonna be installing a jackson here soon. Just need u to answer a few questions..

Aim: me on brentisboy6 if you have any time. Thanks

brent

B

·
0 Posts
Hey just thought id post the questions here. Maybe someone else might need this info later on. Anyways its a used kit. So you know how that could go. Heres my first question...

1. How do you wire this in. The directions on jacksonracing.com didnt make much sense to me. Maybe you got a quick one for me...

2.Does the rear of this look right? i screwed that thing in on the right side...saw it on yours like that is that right? Also are you supposed to use the iac? when i got the SC it had a block off plate in its place...

3. Whats this and where does it go?

4. Plug this? And with the other one by the iac?

5. Looks like im missing somethign aye? (fmu)

If i can get a lil help that would be great. Alot easier to work on when its off the car. Sorry if these are dumb. But the illustrations arent very good on the website. so any personal help would be much better. Thanks in advance...

:) brent

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well lets see...

The relay wires in with the IAT and the boost pressure switch on the back of the JRSC mani. I am at work on dial-up so downloading the JRSC PDF will take forever. In the very back of the installation manual there is a diagram of how it wires up. Basicaly the boost pressure switch energizes the relay, forces the IAT to "trick" the ECU into closed loop mode.

the second picture looks right and yes I used the IACV. I did have to get a "t" connector for one of the coolant lines and block one off on the back of the engine. I dont know the technical name for it but the coolant tube that runs along the backside of the block has 2 outlets. I blocked the far left one off with a screw.

Whats this and where does it go? I have no idea wtf that is so umm good luck?

The other vacuum plug in the picture goes to your purge solenoid. On the other side of the jrsc, one goes to the fuel pressure regulator and the next one to either a boost guage and/or the FMU.

Yes you are missing a nipple on that FMU. Is it the Jackson Racing FMU? If so I suggest tossing it in the trash lol. I didnt have good luck with mine so I went with a Cartech FMU. Those nipples are for the fuel supply and return line. One comes off the fuel pressure regulator to the FMU and the other back to the tank. dont hook it up backwards (like I did) it will make your fuel pressure max out. I cant remember which one goes where as I do not use an FMU setup anymore (Uberdata)

I will try to get a hold of you on AIM but I rarely use it. I am on MSN messemger all the time [email protected]

On a side note, if you are installing this with the engine STILL in the car I highly suggest picking up a set of metric "gearwrenches" The 12mm is a must have when doing this. You will see why when you try to get the 12mm intake nuts on :)

B

·
0 Posts
yeah the middle nut is a bitch. thats what i was thinking when i was putting it on "gear wrench"

But yeah the fmu is temporary til i get a set of injectors. Wanna burn a chip for me? hehe already socketed. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts