Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
edit:: Hey guys, i'm new to the honda scene, but not new to the car scene. I was thinking of picking up a 93 civic LS auto tomorrow. Now my friend has a jackson supercharger that he'd sell me cheap. I also know he has dsm injectors that come with it. He told me i would have to chip my ecu but correct me if im wrong but you cannot chip auto ecus? the motor is a d-15 non vtec, so i guess it would be the p06 ecu. SO what would need to be done to manage fuel? or should things be ok with the injectors

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
lol at supercharging an auto d15... sorry but i do smile when i think about it. stocker injectors should be able to handle the whole 110whp you might get out of it. hope the car is cheap the the supercharger uber cheap

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
lol at supercharging an auto d15... sorry but i do smile when i think about it. stocker injectors should be able to handle the whole 110whp you might get out of it. hope the car is cheap the the supercharger uber cheap
ah, let the man SC the car... some people like blown over boosted...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey man if u could get a s/c for under 250 wouldn't u do it too? i'm serious guys, so your valid help would be great... after doing more research last night i see that i do not need to mod the ecu for stock boost. I just need to make sure my friend has the fpr that came with the kit i guess. The only thing i remember him showing me, is that he had the dsm injectors and something about a special fuel rail he had for it.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
by LS do you mean b18b? or is LS accually a trim model for civics?
The man said it had a d15 non-vtec, so it's probably an LX and he just mistyped it. The S is easy to hit when you are going for the X.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
i got a jr fpr for sale when you get enough post hehe. you dont have to get yours chipped but believe me it is money well spent. just swap in a manual, jk, unless you think you actually can do it. i'm just installed 440 injectors and a y8 crank for a total of 7.5-8 psi of boost so i needed to go get a hondata put in but you can run fine w/o it but it isnt as streetable as a jrsc w/ a good tune on sometype of chipped ecu

·
11,969 Posts
ive actually seen a decently quick LS Integra Auto with a JRSC.....

but then again it was on a shop built engine too.

·
Registered
867 Posts
OP IMO all that car is good for is a DD with good gas mileage.

Read more and you'll find you want a 5-speed to have type of performance.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
OP IMO all that car is good for is a DD with good gas mileage.

Read more and you'll find you want a 5-speed to have type of performance.
my thoughts exactly... auto d15 supercharged is going to be as slow as a stock z6 or y8 powered car. you are just going to be paying more for premium gas... superchargers arent very efficient; you will be losing even more power through the auto trans. not to be too harsh but really, why waste the time and money?

·
11,969 Posts
yep! i gotta agree.... although the sound of what you want seems like fun...

autos are good on gas because of their programmed fuel curve & the torque converter's gear changes and since superchargers are always boosting unlike turbo that can be moderated thru EMS systems youre gonna probably be unknowingly beating that engine & trans to a pulp...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts