Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i am looking at different turbo setups...and so far i think i am narrowing it down to a couple different turbos that i would like to use...First off, the block will be outfitted with Vitara/TT setup..second the head will be PNPed but rest stock....I will be using a Ramhorn mani..along with 3''DP and Exuast...ok now that i have got that out of the way.....i want to use a T3 Super 60/.63 .....i know it would be kinda hard still to gauge but what spool times can i look at with this turbo?? would it be a late lagger or will it spool at a nice RPM....i am not looking for something super early but not late as well..my whp goals seem to be around 220-275whp...if this is not the best turbo to use, can anyone reccomend anything else that works very well from experience?? i would like it to spool strong to redline as well...no drop offs..
ofcourse i will have it Tuned p28 Crome....injectors and fuel management to boot...any ideas??

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so something along the lines of a T3 .42/.48 or like 60/.48??

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
I was running the T3 super60 on my Vitara/Eagle setup. It was a .48 exhaust and .60 compressor and it pulled hard to red line on a Sohc non vtec with stock everything on the head.

I had 3" Downpipe and exhaust and it spooled nicely.During daily driving it didnt spooled but if you punched it it made instant spool. Mine strated spooling around 2900rpms and i had full boost of 18PSI by 4200rpms.

My hp levels on pump gas were similar to yours. It had 266whp

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also wut is the difference between the 2. T3 60 Trim and a T3 Super 60 Trim..i have seen both with A/r of .48?

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Huummm...sounds good then FJT....BTW!! i am going to have to get some of those bad ass Vitaras from ya soon!!! :haha: :holla:

·
Random Hero
Range Rover
2,624 Posts
I have the t3 60 trim .48 a/r, similar results as fjt, although with 2.5" exhaust

btw I just searched all over turbonetics website I couldn't find your answer. I thought I remember reading is somewhere before.

I think it was a "special" trim/compressor wheel combo, but I'd like to know for sure as well. if someone knows.

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
the difference between a 60 trim and a super 60 is the flow...Basically a 2 lbs/min difference between the 2..

T3 60 trim flows 32 lbs/min
Super 60 flows 34 lbs/min

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is there a significant amount of lag difference between the two??

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
Nope..the difference is so minimal that they perform almost identical..Maybe the only difference is the top end pull and even that shouldnt be much of a difference..

Sometimes ppl sell you super 60 and its really a 60 trim

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet...Thx Fjt...oh yeah and BTW when i am ready to buy the pistons should i just Pm you about it all..? i am thinking prob by next week i can order them up! :haha:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello
I tell you what. I will go against the flow a little and tell you what I have seen and use regularly on these SOHC engines.
Turbonetics 60-1 compressors / stage 3 / 63 ar.
The 60-1 with its 7 blade wheel will spool faster than the super 60 6 blade wheel and will make a bunch more Hp.
My 2 cents worth
Godspeed

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
I'm telling you guys the turbo in my sig is the perfect turbo hands down. I am actualy rebuilding it and putting it back on. I currently run a Turbonetics 48/63 and dont like it half as good as my old faithful t3/T04B. This netics t04E lags like a mutha...

48/60 54 trim T04B is where its at. Perfect spool up and plenty for the top end.

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok guys well i have narrowed it down....between the T3 super 60 /.48ar or the 48/60 54 trim T04B....Now out of these two.....serouis?? does it matter much hahahaa i am not sure guys....i have two sets of good ideas from you guys....they both are sweet turbos...but which one will perform with the best results??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts