Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my best friends brother has had this crx for like 7 years and a couple of months ago it just died on him on the interstate and he took it to a couple of places to get it fixed and they all said it would be around 400-800 dollars so i threw him an offer for $500 a couple days later he said come get it, sweet my 6th ef but only my 2nd crx which are my favorite. i picked it up 2 nights ago and i didnt get any pics of the interior all dirty and nasty cause my camera was dead, but the first day i just cleaned the interior all up put it back together and today i diagnosed the engine problem, the car fired right up but would stall if you didnt give it gas. well ended up being a bad igniter, had a d16y7 dist. laying around from my y7 swap in my ef 4door swaped igniters runs perfect, has cold a/c and a kickin stereo haha, just has an exhaust leak i think the manifold is cracked. ok enough talk heres the pics.

NO RUST!

hey nice ass no im not worried about the plate cause its not mine.

Now on to the bad parts easy fix though.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The very nice interior i give it a 9 well after i cleaned it, just need some seats cause the other ones were terrible, i think the orignial owner installed si steering wheel and si cluster unless they were an option for the dx stock, btw im the 3rd owner.

gross stock seats

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just some boring shots, i shall turbo this one!

Sweet find in the back just need to clean it up

Some shots of the 4door not much has changed, painted calipers black were red, the biggest was i added some tein coilovers no more egay coilovers thank god. i was in the middle of rigging up an intake.

Reactions: vtecencrx

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
nice buy, i dont have 56k but i am gonna take you up on the smoking a bowl offer.....:TU:

j/k'n i left my shit at home....:TD:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice buy, i dont have 56k but i am gonna take you up on the smoking a bowl offer.....:TU:

j/k'n i left my shit at home....:TD:
haha im out and broke beacause of x-mas and this car:(

cars are more important to me though!:)

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
thats a smokin deal! interior is mint minus the seats :TU:

if you turbo, is it going to be a/c compatible?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
btw the plans for this thing are well first i have to replace the seal between the m/c and brake booster, then get some seats and order the front end i should have all that ordered by the new year, then get some hx's and suspension, and then turbo it or paint it.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats a smokin deal! interior is mint minus the seats :TU:

if you turbo, is it going to be a/c compatible?
dang this thread is moving freaking fast as crap haha, ill prolly gank the a/c because i think it has a leak, and use that honda block off plate to cover where the climate control goes. plus my 4 door has a/c and its the daily so it works for me.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys, i cant wait to get started with the parts and do this one right, i kinda hacked my first crx but hey that thing was quick.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ordering a new front bumper, hf bumper support and passenger side fender cant afford driver one yet, swapping to an 88-89 bumper cause i like the look better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts