Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just checked Competition Clutch's website, and they do have 88-91 cable transmissions! I need to know if they use their own design or use "stock style".

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I just checked Competition Clutch's website, and they do have 88-91 cable transmissions! I need to know if they use their own design or use "stock style".
Just get a new oem TOB. That's what I did, oh and welcome to cable stretching 101.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know, but I know 4 people sell it(Go Autoworks, FJ, MAP, Charm City; got mine from Charm City Tuning). I believe Speed Factory had the prototype earlier this year.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I don't know, but I know 4 people sell it(Go Autoworks, FJ, MAP, Charm City; got mine from Charm City Tuning). I believe Speed Factory had the prototype earlier this year.
Really as far as I was tracking the first to make a twin disk for a d series was spec but maybe I'm wrong. What is the part number for it?

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's the dilemma:
From L to R; CC hydro, OE cable, OE hydro

Difference on the back(the cable looks weird because I already took it apart):

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
8022-C, I just heard about SPEC when Bisi put it on his thread but JFK told and showed us the CC back in November/December.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
8022-C, I just heard about SPEC when Bisi put it on his thread but JFK told and showed us the CC back in November/December.
Yea I remember now,but the only issue is that that clutch is designed for a hydro transmission not a cable. Fj distributors site says 92-03. Which means nobody has made the correct TOB for that cable trans.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I understand that; which is why I'm trying to see if their regular cable clutches uses a similar TOB. Pretty much trying to find an alternative to modifying or building a TOB.

As far as the years; makes me wonder about SPEC since they list '90 and up in their application. Maybe their PP works with stock TOBs?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
my understanding is the twin disc uses its own TOB. and as far as i know comp only makes a TOB for hydro + twin disc at the moment.

you are going to have to modify the hydro+twin disc unit to work with your cable tranny. it should be easy to do a little cutting and welding, just borrow some bits from an OEM cable tranny TOB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts