Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just installed a set of PIC Performance Apex P3's on my g/f's 95 EJ1. This along with a BLOX Competition front camber kit are the first suspension upgrades to her car, before it was bone stock. As you can see the off-road style honda decided to go with on their stock suspension...

The night I installed them I was rushed so I just put 1/4" of pre-load on the springs, adjusted the front camber kit all the way out, and didn't preform an alignment. That night it was bouncing quite a bit. The next day I was able to get it up on the alignment rack at work and Dial everything in. The first order of business was to release the pre-load of the springs back to snug as the supplied instruction sheet recommended. I measured the first shock from the bottom of the top hat to the bottom of the spring at 7" so I adjusted the rest of them the same. I was able to Dial the front camber in at -1.1 degrees and the front toe was set at +.03 degrees. The rear need an adjustable camber kit, I was able to set the left to -.4 and the right to -1.0 degree with shims 2 shims on the right 1 on the left. any further and the bolt would not have threaded. the rear toe was set at .11 degrees. After all the adjustments it rides perfect. The coil-overs are very easy to adjust. I dropped it about 3" in the front and 2" in the back over stock. That's 22.5" from the floor to the front wheel well and 23" from the floor to the rear wheel well. The coilovers themselves look very well built everything is billet aluminum. the shock bodies are much shorter than oem, however with the spring snug to the top mount I was only able to lower the front 3" before it bottomed out in the lower mount, to go any further you would have to sacrifice shock travel and may effect rebound. Sorry for the lack of pictures but I don't stop once I start working on something. I'll have more pictures up when I can...

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
nice bro. pics of said coilovers?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts