Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the smallest turbo that will support 200whp?
I mean physical size of the turbo. Looking for something that will support 180-200whp, but it needs to be >small<.

Reason? So I can hide it under a heat shield, with ease.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
The greddy 15g would work. And some of the nissan t25 will.
I have a nissan t25 and its kinda small.

And your hiding because of emission or sleeper?

*edit here you go i have the mag but heres the link
Sport Compact

YES its turboed check link

·
Registered
ej6
587 Posts

in Florida there's no emissions
everyone around here runs around with no cats all the time, cause they think they go faster and makes there car louder lol

·
Registered
364 Posts

Sport Compact

That just blew my mind lol. Looks so stock.

·
Registered
ej6
587 Posts
Sleeper and Thieves.
do you have AC??
if not get a side mount and mount it on where the condenser would go and paint it black. that's what me and my dad did on the blue hatch we got and no one knows it's on boost. :bigok:

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Sleeper and Thieves.
Link is up but if its for thieves then why worry?
The thing thieves go after is intercoolers and same for sleeper. Because how else will they know its turbo?
Now if your popping hood all the time or blowing off the bov a lot then people will know. Other then that you wont know its turbo.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
from the link
"* Do understand that 10 psi is about the limit of the stock internals."

hahahhaah this is why noobs come on here saying they only wanna run 10psi.

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
do you have AC??
if not get a side mount and mount it on where the condenser would go and paint it black. that's what me and my dad did on the blue hatch we got and no one knows it's on boost. :bigok:
Wayyyy too hot to not have AC down here. :/

Link is up but if its for thieves then why worry?
The thing thieves go after is intercoolers and same for sleeper. Because how else will they know its turbo?
Now if your popping hood all the time or blowing off the bov a lot then people will know. Other then that you wont know its turbo.
People connect dots... And I'm paranoid.

But hey, people have had 100% stock EK's stolen down in Miami.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Wayyyy too hot to not have AC down here. :/

People connect dots... And I'm paranoid.

But hey, people have had 100% stock EK's stolen down in Miami.
They will do what they do. Id invest in a good alarm/kill switches. Ive hear of people stealing 100% stock civics just because it has rims.

But get a good system and it will give them hell and give you time to caught them and open fire on them :D

·
Registered
92 EG, 88 ST165 WRC
410 Posts
That intake piping through the airbox is beyond titties... welds are meh, but the idea is awesome! :bigok:

I hear ya on the sleeper and anti-theft aspect; if there is any way to hide what you have, do it. Don't wash the car, no stickers, stick some steelies on it, take the faceplate out always... anything to make it look unattractive to thieving scumdogs.

>>Dan

·
Premium Member
The Wife and the Car
2,053 Posts
TD04 9B
Same page as you. i.e. High Comp, Small Turbo, Boost of idle. Only need to make 200 BHP. But most of it under 4000 RPM. LOL.

There are some really nice Hitachi Turbos they use on the 600cc small cars in Japan. Ive imported a few. For bike projects. Tempted to try it on the Honda.
The only complication with small turbos is you need to make everything custom. From your IC to pipes.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Gt1752 off a Sabb. I have two right now sitting in the garage. HF manifold and an internal wastegate it held 12-14 to around 6k on the race engine and was still holding power at 7k. Starts spooling instantly. I've been considering putting one on my dd.

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What kind of heat shield are you going to use? I'm looking into doing mine sleepy, and also considering painting my FMIC black with some radiator paint.
It will probably end up look like this, with another round shield around the air filter since it'll get pushed to the side to make room for the AC compressor. And the hotside chargepiping will be hidden better. This car belongs to someone on here, just can't remember the name..

I REALLY like this bay. But since I'm keeping AC, I can't put the turbo in the same place.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/62243-sleeper-sedan-1991-a.html

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
I would get a 15g. You can barely see mine even with the hood open. My friends that want to see it I have to point down to it and be like, I promise it really is there!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts