Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a jdm d15b vtec that i swapped into my '92 hatch last april. Before i put the engine in, i sent off the ecu (a p05) to John Vega at phearable.net to have it tuned. I told him it was going to have an I/H/E and turbo later down the road. So here is what going on...the car runs really cold when it gets chilly outside (probably 45 degrees and less). It runs so cold that it never gets close to operating temperature. I know that the thermostat is good b/c during warmer weather the car reaches a certain temperature and holds there, as it should. I also notice that when i really get on it, i see a more than normal amount of smoke and the silencer is constantly black (from unburned fuel?). I don't have a wideband yet so I'm not sure if it's running rich but it has all the symptoms of running that way. I haven't pulled the plugs yet so maybe that's what i need to do for sure. It also doesn't get but like 30 mpg on the highway. Any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.