Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Civic Si
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so some of you know im currently building a turbo motor for my delsol. Well I have complete A.D.H.D. and when I was playing C.O.D. Balck Op's lastnight I had decided to drive to my shop and install the parts I have so far on my car.

This included my Avid racing motor mounts, Edelbrock Performer-X manifold, BDL 70mm Throttle Body, and BDL fuel rail.

My issues:

1. If the manifold is going to have air injection ports on it, maybe they would give you more than 1 plug that was not included in the instruction to install if your car is not equiped with air injection.

2. If your stock throttle cable bracket wont work with the performer-x manifold, why not include one that does work.

3. This manifold is STILL gangster and I would give it up just because I had a bad install.

So moving along, please post if you ARE running the Edelbrock Performer-X intake manifold on your D-series engine. please post a picture if you could of your throttle body/cable and bracket. I dont know if its just my manifold and throttle body combo or if anyone is having the same issues. I got it to work by bending and cutting the factory Y8 bracket, but its still not on a good angle because the gas pedal feels like a stage 10,000 unspring 3 puc tripple disk clutch

I should have pics posted in a few moments of how mine is set-up

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
could u possibly lube it to make it glide a little better?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts

Only decent pic I have. Uses A6/Z6 style throttle cable. B7 may be the same.

Used a random Honda throttle bracket and a piece of scrap angle. Worked perfect for the short time that I ran the manifold.

Shouldn't have sold it.

·
Registered
2005 Civic Si
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
performerx001.jpg

Only decent pic I have. Uses A6/Z6 style throttle cable. B7 may be the same.

Used a random Honda throttle bracket and a piece of scrap angle. Worked perfect for the short time that I ran the manifold.

Shouldn't have sold it.[/QUOTE]

the location of your TB bracket looks different than mine (y8 model)

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
all you did was flip it upside down? I think I tryed that and it didnt want to work either. im wondering if the location of the BDL throttle pulley is not the same dimentionally to a stock throttle pulley
Can't remember exactly, but I did bend it slightly. Your TB does appear to jet out there further than my Professional Products 68mm did...thus adding to the odd angle that your throttle cable sits at.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
im ok with the alignment of it, it just feels like its going to snap its so tight
The rotor on the TB isn't making it feel tight is it? Meaning, the butterfly isn't stiff is it? If not, then you gonna do something with the alignment of the throttle cable. Try routing it like mine.

·
Registered
2005 Civic Si
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did some more bending, its feels much better now, im just bummed that it idles at like 400rpms when its cold (about 15F here) then when it warms up it idles at about 950rpm's-1100rpms (no bouncing just steady at thet rpm)

cleaned what is believed to be the iac (2 coolant lines going into it on back of manifold) no dice still a low idle

·
one grumpy old man
786 Posts
i used a gsr holly TB and bracket.backward pull FTL.

did you adjust the butterfly?i know the skank2 ones are sticky as hell.

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
I extended my stock a6 bracket like 13/16" or something, Ill have to get a pic

Pretty much got the bracket, cut the "ear" off (Where the cable goes) welded it onto some flat stock and fiddled with it until I got a number then welded it all together

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
if the IM you got is for a Y8 replacement, the throttle bracket cable works perfectly.

sounds like your kit wasnt complete.

fill the extra air injection holes with JB weld. it will hold over 30psi.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts