Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well no one wanted to reply to my stupidly long ass post i made before, so ive been doing alot of research into getting together my f/i setup for my d16z6. One of the things i havent found an answer for is this..If iam going to have a turbo should i fit my skunk2 s1 cam?. I dont know if this will help or hinder it. What do you guys think?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you shoudl get a fI cam not a NA cam. then it's fine. the duration and lift are different for a FI app than a NA app thus requireing different settings. the stock cam is really fine for anythign udner 18 lbs of boost and 350 wheel power. your better off gettign an adjsutable cam gear instead. you'll get more perforamcne adjsutments that way. also only let a qualified shop work on your cam timing. don;t elt one of these homeboy kid owner shops do it cause they don;t have the right equipment or knowledge.

Look at it this way, would you take a ferreri to a local repair shop to get it repaired and tuned? Then don't do that to your nicely turbo charged honda. it;s the same concept. go to a very reputable shop that has dynos and equipment to do the job right.

you can install it yourself, but make sure you have it set to "0" (zero) before you start the car.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the advice, but the thing is i have already bought the skunk2 cam. I was building the engine to be a strong na setup then, after reading up on it and realising it isnt as complicated or expensive as i thought and thanks to this excellent forum, i want to go turbo. I have an adjustable cam gear which i bought for the cam so do you think i should sell the cam or keep it? Iam looking at getting around 200whp if poss with 10psi. I think that with the engine work iam getting done(check my first post) and good tuning this should be obtainable. Iam just not sure if i have things i have bought that are now going to have a negative effect on the turbo setup. Anywqys thanks for listening.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dee33223 said:
Iam looking at getting around 200whp if poss with 10psi. I think that with the engine work iam getting done(check my first post) and good tuning this should be obtainable. Iam just not sure if i have things i have bought that are now going to have a negative effect on the turbo setup. Anywqys thanks for listening.
the cam will hurt your performance as far as being fi. sell it and get a turbo cam or just use a stock cam. but as for ur hp goal, 200whp on 10psi is very attainable.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it would be best to just use the stock cam rather than trying to use that cam on you FI setup.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perfect guys, thanks thats all i need to know. Ebay here we come. Oh just so you know how bad it is living in the Uk and how hard it sucks ass check this, that cam cost me+gear and springs £800!, Sigh you dont know how good u have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts