Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys,I have a chance to buy a journal bearing Percision 5558 from a buddy of mine and he bought it brand new and never use it...has anybody had and experience with this particular model and could tell me a rough idea of full spool rpm?..the exhaust housing was ordered with .63 ar ...ill be running it on a built Z6 with 9:0.1 compression and built head with a Colt cam..any help would be great...thx guys

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
B-series Destroyer
912 Posts
Sounds perfect for my car. If you can't use it lmk.

·
Registered
488 Posts
This is the same turbo im going with. I actually called precision and asked them what would be best for my set up. They said its perfect for between 350-550 hp and spools pretty damn quick. They said its good for daily driven with a lead foot. So im sure it would be perfect for you as a track car. 1599.99 is what I was quoted through precision. But I thought the 5558 was ball bearing? I was told that journal bearing turbos didnt hold up as well. But I guess that all depends on what you're payin for it.

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
Yea, my daughter is gonna get it for me....aka.....First year of claiming her on my taxes haha. Cant wait when she grows up to tell her she bought daddy a turbo when she was only 11 months old.
Win

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts