Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the details are being worked out on how it will go down but basically the problem lies in the machining which continues on to the main bearing moutning surface which when combined with a reused old bearing can lead to bearing failure which becomes lodged in expensive places.

SRR has machined a new shaft and the replacements will be tested in the next few weeks.

If everything works out well current FD's will be exchanged for a very small few with the new design.

Most likely this will be through "only" one dealer as they are the ones that noted the problem.

this does not seem to affect b series versions only the d series

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
and this is the SRR company that basically told a user to go screw himself?????

BTW a member had his SRR issue posted on Honda-Tech, but the powers in charge REMOVED IT because of a sponser crying it might hurt their business.

Defective parts will do that!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aquafina said:
My FD does not have the machining you speak of. Only some of their batches do.
The last box I saw had 100 of them in it every one had the machining. I'm not sure SRR even machines them in house or if they simply buy isuzu parts like ATS does.

The only thing on H-T came down to the guy reusing an old bearing which is as far as I know all of the failures have come from. Not that a new bearing would prevent it only delay it a bit.

Anyway SRR is doing quite a few of these now, enough I'm sure to warrant a major design change.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Checked my shaft while I had the trans apart. It does have the machining. I'm not worried about it though. Parts are cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts